The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

so what other hobbies do you have?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bay Area
Byron, had to slow down on the Vino, my son thinks Sriracha is a necessary condiment, so had to assist another California treasure getting him enough to last for a month or so, ha.
Well thanks for the CA support because us “Fornians“ all know our CA government doesn’t like to help the working class or legal citizens. (Sorry rant over)

Last edited:

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
They grow some pretty decent grapes on the western slopes here in Colorado Bill although an early freeze this year didn't help. Then again, California needs your money more than we do. I bet for every dollar you spend on California wine, maybe $0.0000000000000000000000001 helps out the people. :rolleyes:

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
Most of my time is spent hanging out with my two little boys ( the oldest is 3.5 and the youngest is 2)
But I did get the oldest into slot car racing he enjoys it and likes when I you tube the cars that we have to see the real ones. None of mine are as nice as yours @blacksheep-1 butnyou know there learning to try and keep them on track lol. I also like to go fishing when time is available took the boys out for the first time this year and they loved it! Unfortunately I work a lot I’m a pipeline welder and that takes up most of my time so when I am home I try to spend as much time with my wife and kids. And with the way things seem to be going I might be home a lot but we will see.
Are you working on Enbridge Line 3?

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
Sorry about you Corgi. I have three of those little big dogs. My dog that could have been a show dog has idiopathic seizures and is 8. We hope he makes it for awhile because he’s a great garage queen. Haha
Three Corgi's is fantastic. That's got to be a lot of fun. You must own a good vacuum cleaner. ;)

@xr7 no my days of traveling are done I work mostly close to home now. There is a 50mile job of 24in for we energies that’s going on like an hour from we’re I live, but I didn’t try to get it seeing im working distribution and I would of been at the bottom of the list for call out. I have a pretty decent gig working for a contractor full time doing distribution/and pipeline work when it comes up. It’s much better than trying to chase the big money and not be home to raise my kids. But this summer looks like there will be a ton of 12in steel around so that will keep me pretty busy there’s nothing better than seeing a hole bunch of pipe strung out and ready to be welded! The first pic is a typical distribution hole lol trying to it get wet! The second and last are from a job I did earlier in the year for Foxconn 24in 275 wall 6010 beed 7010 pipeliner hot-cap. The two middle ones are of a valve cluster and tie in I made up during the summer.

42E47E50-3E8D-4E0A-8BE6-95F969B35FA1.jpeg

A9EDBE14-0719-425A-A12E-EA836E7D057D.jpeg

B2319CA4-9419-4CF7-98DB-11FB6B79EF36.jpeg

008C8A86-5537-4D9A-B438-38CFB2FD292B.jpeg

ACCFF979-A452-4585-AABD-68836F2E0721.jpeg

I like to do all types of stuff. I'm a designer so a lot of stuff involves working with my hands.
Drawing, painting, all types of art, designing cool shiznit, woodwork, working on cars, driving cars, fixing random stuff, cooking etc.

Here's a (really bad) 5 minute sketch of a livery concept for my car. I've done several of those for amateur racers.
20201222_190139.jpg

I also really enjoy whiskey tasting with my lovely wife.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I'm a Cab kind of guy , but no need my crazy friend. Thanks for helping others on TMO , 2020 has seen a lot of new members and it should be a blast to see more out on the track in 2021 ----it has to be a better year than this one.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
I enjoy building things, doesn't matter what it is. I get too obsessed with the details sometimes and don't finish some projects as a result. Scale model plastic cars was something I was really into many years back. I bought a few new kits when I got furloughed earlier this year but didn't have as much time available as I thought. Seeing the photos in this thread makes me want to go look for the glue and the paint in the garage. :)

Jim Ryder

Retriever Racing
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
machesney park, ill.
If it wasn't for these darn go karts I'd have alot more money to put in the Mustang! I race mainly in the midwest with the VKA. I have raced at Willow springs a Long time ago! Daytona, Charlotte, Rockingham, Talladega, all on the enduro karts, Raced 1/10 scale electric and 1/4 scale gas R/C. I raced Formula Vee with SCCA for fifteen years as well.IMG_3134.JPGIMG_3140.JPG61392037_2312417888825073_4581066114242445312_n.jpg002.JPG1-IMG_5330.jpgIMG_5058.JPGIMG_5073.JPG020.JPG018.JPG025.JPG023.JPG

Bay Area
Does drinking beer and talking shop or shiznit count as a hobby? I also build and ride beach cruisers and ride other bikes, skateboard still, I would surf, but NorCal water is way to cold for my sensitive arse. Play with other cars, collect 80s skateboard stuff. I’m sure I do a lot more but I have squirre syndrome and well I’m off to something else.

oh yeah, I’m into riding and building classic choppers. Squirrel....

Last edited:
Does drink beer and talking shop or shiznit count as a hobby? I also build and ride beach cruisers and ride other bikes, skateboard still, I would surf, but NorCal water is way to cold for my sensitive arse. play with other cars, collect 80s skateboard stuff. I’m sure I do a lot more but I have squirre syndrome and well I’m off to something else.

oh yeah, I’m into riding and building classic choppers. Squirrel....
Man, you're way busier than me except for that drinking beer and talking "shiznt" part...............😄

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Byron,

I noticed you have latent feelings of being royalty with your Squire Syndrome. Frankly you have been drinking too much beer because I know for a fact you have more of a Squirrel Syndrome, based on being nuts about all things automotive, ha.

Don't you just love spellcheck!?

Merry Christmas Mr. J

Last edited:
Bay Area
Haha
Byron,

I noticed you have latent feelings of being royalty with you Squire Syndrome. Frankly you have been drinking too much beer because I know for a fact you have more of a Squirrel Syndrome, based on being nuts about all things automotive, ha.

Don't you just love spellcheck!?

Merry Christmas Mr. J
Damn you auto correct! It wins again. I didn’t have drop of booze when typing up my previous post.

TMO Supporting Vendors