The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

So who's car was this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I like the car. Unfortunately unless the owners finds the person who also wants exactly that car, or more than one person the auction may not bring the same value as an original car.
Could you build that car for $60k? No will he get near that???? Not likely.

The Boss 302s were such great cars, especially the LS editions. Throw some wheels and tires on them, maybe some adjustable shocks and have at it, you couldn't go wrong. I don't know why anyone would put a blower on one, that's just more weight over the nose, if that is what someone wanted it would make sense to have just bought a Gt500 instead of converting the Boss.
I think TMS boss is right on the money, this is a specific car for a specific individual, and since early Gt500s can be had for $40K, (or less) I think the owner is going to take a hit.

Last edited:

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Not sure I should be bummed or not but Sweet Lorraine is not a blower :p
She is still being diagnosed for the gremlin.
We know it's electrical but pinpointing the cause is proving exasperating.

Not sure why this person supercharged his beauty or why a guy down the road for me dropped twin turbos in his 2013 Boss and then promptly sold the car at a loss. He told me it was too much for the street and he wasn't interesting in racing of any sort. Probably should have thought of that before he threw his hard earned money away. I think sometymes guys just get that macho feeling and think they're building a badass car only to find out they can't handle it.

I agree with the comments about the B302 not needing the added hp of forced induction. All I have done is a Steeda CAI, AED tune, and Borla S-Type axlebacks and it put down over 420whp at almost 7900rpm on a 100 degree day on a Mustang (heartbreaker) dyno. I feel like that is just the right amount of power for that car. But I would love to hear from the builder of the blue one I posted about his experience with the car. He's definitely going to take a loss but it's a cool build.

Ha! I just saw this blown 2012 today. Same color, different blower.

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel