The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

So Who's going to the CTSCC Next Year at Sebring - FL guys only thread ;)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For those that don't know about all the pieces being put together here, I think there will be a Continental Race next year at the 12 hours of Sebring.

First Grand Am merged with ALMS, then NASCAR bought the Chateau Elan Hotel on site. Missing from the schedule this year is HMS, they can not draw a crowd there is the reason I hear so I doubt we will see it back on the schedule anytime soon. Best I can tell is the Continental Tire race will be at Sebring along side of the Rolex class.

I can not make out all the details on this, unless I am missing something this only talks about the Rolex series. Lets hope the release details on the Continental Sports Car Class soon.

http://www.sebringraceway.com/

Class Structure for 2014 Announced

Underscoring the cooperative spirit of their merger announced last September, GRAND-AM Road Racing and the American Le Mans Series presented by Tequila Patrón unveiled the initial concept for the organizations' unified competition class structure that will debut in 2014.

The lineup - in effect for the 2014 and 2015 seasons - is based on a philosophy of inclusion. The majority of classes from both the GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Car Series and the ALMS will be retained with the exception of the ALMS' P1 prototype class. This year's Sebring 12 hours on March 16th will be the last chance fans have to see LMP1 cars in action at Sebring.

Individual class names have yet to be determined. The planned structure:
• GRAND-AM's DP and the ALMS' P2 classes will combine into one, headlining prototype class that also will include the revolutionary DeltaWing prototype, with performance of the cars balanced to maintain close competition.
•The ALMS' Prototype Challenge (PC) class for spec prototypes will continue to run as a separate class.
•Both of the organizations' production-based GT classes will continue as separate, distinct categories based on performance, preserving each class' proud history and loyal fan following. As part of this plan, the ALMS' GTC cars will join the GRAND-AM GTs.
•GRAND-AM's new GX class, which is debuting at this year's Rolex 24 later this month, is being explored as a possible addition to the GRAND-AM half of the GT mix in 2014-15. There also is the possibility that GX will run separately as a fifth class.

Specifications for all classes still are being determined and will be announced later this year. In addition, there will be continued discussion regarding the increasing inclusion of green technologies in the new unified series.

"This is a 'best of both worlds' approach that reflects the fact we have a true merger evolving on a daily basis," said GRAND-AM Managing Director of Competition Richard Buck.

"And this announcement is only a first step in solidifying our class structure. Our organizations' respective competition departments are working diligently on balance of performance for the top prototype class, plus overall class specifications across the board.

Added International Motor Sports Association and ALMS Chief Operating Officer Scot Elkins: "Numerous important partners and stakeholders have been invaluable during this process. We could not have reached these decisions as rapidly as we did without that assistance. Many factors were taken into consideration for this initial conceptual lineup, but the priority was to enable as many current competitors as possible to continue racing with their existing equipment.

There are 4 of us flying down from WI to the 12 hour. Staying at a little motel up in Avon Park. We usually sit on some scaffolding at the front straight, just 40-50 feet in front of the start/finish line. We use refrigerator boxes for the trash.

Re: So Who's going to the CTSCC Next Year at Sebring

Bossneeds said:
There are 4 of us flying down from WI to the 12 hour. Staying at a little motel up in Avon Park. We usually sit on some scaffolding at the front straight, just 40-50 feet in front of the start/finish line. We use refrigerator boxes for the trash.

Have fun, this year.

Seems like the CTSCC is all but a done deal for next year, it is just not released to the public yet. If COTA stays on the schedule the season may be expaned next year or maybe a track like Lime Rock could be on the chopping block. I may have to get a balcony room in the hotel for this, front straight is OK but it is a lot of fun watching the old hairpin.

TMO Supporting Vendors