The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

So Who's Going to ........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

... the Daytona events this fall? Peter? Both PBOC (Oct 19-21) (new dates Oct 12-14) and HOD/Audi (Dec 7-9) are now open for registration. I am signing up for PBOC for Friday and may also be there Saturday, not sure yet.

Both groups will have beginner classes. For the guys on the fence about getting on track get out there with the Boss! I guarantee that will be an experience you will not soon forget driving the high banks at the world's best know race track.

If any of you guys want to come out to spectate and not run drop me a PM, I'll give you all the details. We can not give rides at this track but just walking around Daytona in the garage area is a great time.

OLOABoss

AKA OLOABoss
Scott

Daytona will depend on which tracks the One Lap runs in 2013 which will have priorty. For those of you who haven't run Daytona it should be on your Bucket List as the 1st time you roll up on the banking you will remember forever. That being said Daytona is boring after you have driven it when compared to tracks like VIR RA RA MidO Sebring etc.

Peter

Man, I really want to do this. It was my goal (in terms of equipment) to make the December event. Not sure if my deployment schedule will support it or not. October is definitely out, December might still be possible.

OLOABoss said:
Daytona will depend on which tracks the One Lap runs in 2013 which will have priorty. For those of you who haven't run Daytona it should be on your Bucket List as the 1st time you roll up on the banking you will remember forever. That being said Daytona is boring after you have driven it when compared to tracks like VIR RA RA MidO Sebring etc.

Agreed but I am still looking forward to it, I love the substained speed ;D Also looking forward to see how the slicks feel out there. When this car is out of warranty and tuners have more time to prove their tunes I will be looking into some changes. Nothing crazy, maybe 7800-8000 on the rev limiter and 165 on speed, I doubt I would be able to get the car faster then that anyway.

Berol said:
Man, I really want to do this. It was my goal (in terms of equipment) to make the December event. Not sure if my deployment schedule will support it or not. October is definitely out, December might still be possible.

Dan, last year HOD did not sell out but you never know what this year will bring. As soon as you know try to sign up. Unlike other groups with FL's HOD you and you never lose money if you have to cancel. however there is a no refund policy for this event because it is run with the Audi Club. With you being active duty I think Henry would be willing to work with you. Give me a call or talk with him directly. I take it you will be out on deployment in Oct?

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
I might be able to make the December one as I'll be back from deployment then. It'd be a great way to get back into driving. However, I should be meeting my son for the first time about that time as well and that will obviously be priority.

ufnavy06 said:
I might be able to make the December one as I'll be back from deployment then. It'd be a great way to get back into driving. However, I should be meeting my son for the first time about that time as well and that will obviously be priority.

That is great news, congrats! Stop by even if you don't enter as a driver and if time permits.

2012YellowBoss said:
Berol said:

Dan, last year HOD did not sell out but you never know what this year will bring. As soon as you know try to sign up. Unlike other groups with FL's HOD you and you never lose money if you have to cancel. however there is a no refund policy for this event because it is run with the Audi Club. With you being active duty I think Henry would be willing to work with you. Give me a call or talk with him directly. I take it you will be out on deployment in Oct?

Yeah, that is the case- deployed for the October event.
If things work out in my favor, I will let you know. Even if I end up being home in early December, but unable to participate, I am almost 100% sure I'd make the drive down to watch/visit again. Either way, It's likely I'll be there.

2012YellowBoss said:
Berol said:
Yeah, that is the case- deployed for the October event.

Be safe, hope to catch up soon. I guess you will be in town for the Grand-Am events this year also, I had a great time last year.

Yup! And fortunately for me, my schedule should allow me to actually attend the races. I'm planning on doing whatever it takes to get there this year (special liberty, leave, etc). I really enjoyed the test days, wish I could have made to the Friday race. Also enjoyed the 24 hour Rolex event on Sunday. Should be a good weekend.

The PBOC Oct date has changed to 12, 13 and 14. Hope to see some of you guys out there. For now I am planning only the 12th but may do Saturday also. I will be doing at least two days with HOD/Audi.

Would be nice to see some S's out there, boss 302S 1 may make it out, more to follow.

OLOABoss said:
Looks like the 2013 One Lap is coming to Daytona so will probably do friday with PBOC. ;)

Peter

Five sessions on Friday ;D Need to talk about Dec with Henry this weekend, depending that I may do Saturday with PBOC also.

If my driving is up to it I hope to get under 2:10 with some of the changes made to the car this year.

zzyzx

Steve
I'll probably drive out to PBIR on Saturday just to put some more break-in miles on the Boss. Would be great to meet you guys. :)

OLOABoss

AKA OLOABoss
zzyzx said:
I'll probably drive out to PBIR on Saturday just to put some more break-in miles on the Boss. Would be great to meet you guys. :)

Look for the white E36M3 #61 that would be me ;) bring $30 and you can ride shotgun.

Peter

zzyzx

Steve
Well hell I think I might take you up on that offer. I didn't know HOD allowed that, I haven't yet run an HPDE with them. I'll make sure to bring the cash and the helmet.

zzyzx said:
Well hell I think I might take you up on that offer. I didn't know HOD allowed that, I haven't yet run an HPDE with them. I'll make sure to bring the cash and the helmet.

Sure you can take a ride with Peter but if you like scary rides you can get that in my Boss :eek: One thing you will find with HOD FL, it's very easy going and Henry puts getting people out on the track for a fun day over everything else including his profit. Passenger might only be $20, not sure about that?

Peter too bad you are not bringing the Boss I would to see your new setup. I actually have my car back for the weekend so I will be running. It has been getting looked at for clutch/shift related problems and the misfire codes.

TMO Supporting Vendors