The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

So Who's Going to ........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zzyzx

Steve
[quote author=2012YellowBoss]
Sure you can take a ride with Peter but if you like scary rides you can get that in my Boss :eek:[/quote]

Well then sounds like I'll be getting a good look at PBIR, then! The only time I was "on track at speed" was for an SCCA autox that happened to use the track for the autox course earlier this year. I managed to get some track time at Homestead at the last NASA event (funny story, actually!), but haven't yet been on PBIR.

8)

zzyzx

Steve
Many thanks to Peter for the ride along! It was great to learn the racing line from somebody with your level of experience and talent. Had a great time chatting too. Loking forward to the next time when I'm not merely a spectator. :)

2012YellowBoss said:
... the Daytona events this fall? Peter? Both PBOC (Oct 19-21) (new dates Oct 12-14) and HOD/Audi (Dec 7-9) are now open for registration. I am signing up for PBOC for Friday and may also be there Saturday, not sure yet.

Both groups will have beginner classes. For the guys on the fence about getting on track get out there with the Boss! I guarantee that will be an experience you will not soon forget driving the high banks at the world's best know race track.

If any of you guys want to come out to spectate and not run drop me a PM, I'll give you all the details. We can not give rides at this track but just walking around Daytona in the garage area is a great time.

Hey Scott,
Are you still considering going to the Dec. HOD/Audi event at Daytona? Kind of kicking the idea around but with diesel at over $4 a gallon, it would be an expensive trip. :-[
Also, there is no way of knowing what the weather will be up here at that time of year and with no refunds, it makes me a little nervous.

The track is on my bucket list so this may be the time to bite the bullet.

Dean#4AI said:
Hey Scott,
Are you still considering going to the Dec. HOD/Audi event at Daytona? Kind of kicking the idea around but with diesel at over $4 a gallon, it would be an expensive trip. :-[
Also, there is no way of knowing what the weather will be up here at that time of year and with no refunds, it makes me a little nervous.

The track is on my bucket list so this may be the time to bite the bullet.

I plan to go, just not sure of which day(s) yet. I have signed up with PBOC for now. It would be nice to see some more Bosses there, last year just John (silver LS) and I were there. As Peter said it is not a hard track, getting use to the banking and slowing for the Bus Stop is the hardest part if you never ran there before. Hope you can make it.

TMO Supporting Vendors