The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

sobering reminder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I belong to a private track group out here called CFRA...they were at Laguna yesterday (I wasn't there) and a mustang piloted by a Maximum Motorsports employee (car prepped / supported by MM) lost it's brakes and hit the wall very hard going into T5 - end of a fairly long / fast section (for LS, anyway)...driver is 'ok' only because he had a well safety-prepped car and personal safety equipment. Those on scene felt that the outcome for the driver would have been significantly different had he not been properly protected.

just a cautionary tale.

I'm glad the driver is fine. My next round of brake upgrades will all be top flight hardware. Not because I want to stop shorter and improved lap times but because I want to reduce my chances of brake failure.

Happens to the best of'um...

http://realperformancemustangs.com/ford-mustang-racing/photo-gallery-ford-mustang-carnage-at-laguna-seca/

VERY sober reminder for people like me to always keep in mind that the weak link, and harder to upgrade, is sitting between the steering wheel and the gas peddle.

::)

how long was he on the track before the brake failure. I just participated in a track day with 98 degree temps. and did not experience any brake fade the entire day. Consisted of (7) 20 minute sessions or @ 2-1/2 hrs. of total track time over @ 7-hours. Plenty of cool down and relatively short run times I'm sure made the difference. Glad to hear he was ok!

JeffIsHereToo said:
Happens to the best of'um...

http://realperformancemustangs.com/ford-mustang-racing/photo-gallery-ford-mustang-carnage-at-laguna-seca/

VERY sober reminder for people like me to always keep in mind that the weak link, and harder to upgrade, is sitting between the steering wheel and the gas peddle.

::)

I was there when they brought those cars off the track...the white car was BEAT UP! I'm in some of those pics...gawking.

TMO Supporting Vendors