The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

SoCal Boss owners: best dealer service departments?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone have any experience with dealer service departments in SoCal, preferably somewhere in Orange County? If anyone has the name of a specifc service advisor they like, that would be even better.

It's only for regular maintenance now, but I'd love to have a go-to place in case anything happens in the future.

Thanks!!

In OC? Grant's garage. ;)

I have had great experiences with Tuttle Click in Irvine. The mechanic Ted owns several Mustangs and knows them inside and out. He is a great guy and i have spent a lot of time talking to him while my LS was in the shop there. He is extremely knowledgeable and i wouldn't hesitate to recommend him for service on any performance Mustang. He was able to sort out some recurring issues that other dealers could (or would not) be bothered to fix. Service took a little longer, but only because he is extremely thorough.

NFSBOSS said:
In OC? Grants garage. ;)

Haha. It looks like Grant is definitely someone I need to meet. Hopefully one day at cars n coffee if I can ever get up that early on a Saturday...

byronj said:
I dont know of any in OC but make sure that they are a performance dealer. I know Grody Ford is up there but I have never used them in OC. I use the one in Carlsbad

I will definitely look into ken grody...thanks!

shoveldoc said:
I have had great experiences with Tuttle Click in Irvine. The mechanic Ted owns several Mustangs and knows them inside and out. He is a great guy and i have spent a lot of time talking to him while my LS was in the shop there. He is extremely knowledgeable and i wouldn't hesitate to recommend him for service on any performance Mustang. He was able to sort out some recurring issues that other dealers could (or would not) be bothered to fix. Service took a little longer, but only because he is extremely thorough.

This is perfect! Thanks so much for the hookup..Tuttle click is probably the most convenient dealership for me, but I was hesitant after reading some bad reviews.

I will give them a call and ask for Ted.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
NFSBOSS said:
In OC? Grant's garage. ;)

Only if you need take off Boss Parts! :)

I've had good experiences with Tuttle Irvine with my SN95 cars. Try them or Robins in Costa Mesa. Grody is a bit far from me but they seem familiar with the performance cars and if I still had the Cobra, I'd take it there.

Go to Tuttle if you're buying parts. Still under construction, but I think everything is running/open.

Pass on Power by the marketplace.

Grant 302 said:
Only if you need take off Boss Parts! :)

I've had good experiences with Tuttle Irvine with my SN95 cars. Try them or Robins in Costa Mesa. Grody is a bit far from me but they seem familiar with the performance cars and if I still had the Cobra, I'd take it there.

Go to Tuttle if you're buying parts. Still under construction, but I think everything is running/open.

Pass on Power by the marketplace.

Thanks for the advice! My boss' previous owner had his service done at Robbins, but since Tuttle click is closest I think I'll try them first.

I would like all of you know a little story on Ken Grody Ford. in Dec 2010 I made a deal with them on a BOSS LS for just over MSRP, gave them a $5,000 deposit, all good right! the Car was to deliver 1st Q 2011. At the end of Jan 2011 I reviced a call from them. "sir you need to come in and pick up your deposit, we can not get you the car". I went in and talked to them and recived my deposit back. At that point they informed me that when the car arrives I can come in and purchase the car. At that point I started looking around and found Fritz Rord in Riverside. I told the GM at Fritz my story and we made a hand shake deal for a very good price,better than Ken Grody. The car arrived July 5th 2011 and it became mine. I can not say enought good things a bought Fritz Ford. They could have made aloght more on the car but stuck with the hand shake deal. Back to Ken Grody, when they got the car delivered it was marked up $25,000. You now know my story and I will never ever do any buisness with them.

Bay Area
Boss Ls said:
I would like all of you know a little story on Ken Grody Ford. in Dec 2010 I made a deal with them on a BOSS LS for just over MSRP, gave them a $5,000 deposit, all good right! the Car was to deliver 1st Q 2011. At the end of Jan 2011 I reviced a call from them. "sir you need to come in and pick up your deposit, we can not get you the car". I went in and talked to them and recived my deposit back. At that point they informed me that when the car arrives I can come in and purchase the car. At that point I started looking around and found Fritz Rord in Riverside. I told the GM at Fritz my story and we made a hand shake deal for a very good price,better than Ken Grody. The car arrived July 5th 2011 and it became mine. I can not say enought good things a bought Fritz Ford. They could have made aloght more on the car but stuck with the hand shake deal. Back to Ken Grody, when they got the car delivered it was marked up $25,000. You now know my story and I will never ever do any buisness with them.

I know this story all too well. I offered to give them 40K deposit on a 2012 LS and they refused it. Then when the 13 was on their lot I had cash in hand and they wanted 10K mark up on a regular Boss. They wouldnt even budge on the price and Mr. Grody was there and straight up said we will find someone that will pay what I want to the vehicle.

SO needless to say I will never purchase a car there but the service department in Carlsbad has treated me right.

TMO Supporting Vendors