The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

SoCal Track Days

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Too bad @ArizonaBOSS. Looking forward to meeting up with you. I am doing CA Speedway the weekend after. You going there?

This weekend, I think I am going to run streets and not big track. Brand newly set up car with all new components and 130 MPH turn 8 gives me pause. On a motorcycle, your entry speed is 165 and you turn at 145, and I have crashed there and just walked away. Problem is the dirt if you go off track won't stop a car before the large ditch that has flipped and totaled many cars. When I crashed my bike, I rolled like 50 yards. A car will go considerably further than that and most times all the way to the ditch.

Does anyone know if they have put a sand pit in there yet? It's been a while. If not, something should be done!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I don't think there is a sand pit :)

Very intimidating to go into T8 without braking. If you have been there on a bike you should be OK.

My next outing will be NASA West Coast "Nationals" at Thunderhill, October 5-8. If you are around, come say hi!

I will be there then.

On a bike, you go in at 165 to 170 and just break off the throttle for 1/2 second and then turn in. You scrub off to about 145 MPH and steer with the throttle around the corner. Exciting and awesome, but if you I think about it at all, the scariness comes to mind. I just don't think and just do! LOL

Willow was great. Car was great but as I was getting used to it and getting faster, lost a tire and had no spare. Only got two sessions in. Going to Buttonwillow with OnGrid Saturday. Anyone else going? I've driven their before the build. Now I have some real information to compare to.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca

TMO Supporting Vendors