The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

"Social Distance" Track Days?! Happening Today at Willow Springs! Hopefully Buttonwillow 5/10 with OnGrid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Received an email this morning from Perry Performance in Montreal, they run some track days. I thought it was a balanced, responsible approach and worth sharing with this group.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Will there be track day events this year?

Many people have been asking us this question so we are sending out this message to update you on what's really happening behind the scenes in our hobby.

Do not believe all the news you see. Yes, many major public racing events have been cancelled or postponed. However, most lapping and smaller racing series events fall under private events category, and currently, different sanctioning bodies, race track operators, racing organizations and clubs are in discussion with government ministries on how to safely resume smaller scale events this summer.

We believe that with some modified protocols, procedures and good 'ol common sense these types of outdoor events (with limited number of participants/spectators) will be able to go ahead without putting the public in danger.

We will continue to support and work closely with the racing industry to make sure the grassroots events happen this summer. We will keep you updated as the situation evolves and we have more news.

Please stay positive and most importantly safe!

Carl Wener

Managing Director

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

carver

breaker of wrenches
ontario
Got this today from Calabogie up here in Canada
--------------------------------------------

Good Morning,

We hope each of you is well and staying safe during these challenging times.

We wanted to let you know that we are busy making plans for our 2020 track season and working on our physical distancing protocols that will help to ensure the health and safety of our clients and staff. As the Province starts to loosen up current restrictions, we will get each of you out and on the track as soon we are permitted to do so.

Please stay posted to our website as things evolve.

Kind regards,

Jane Blinn
Track Manager
Calabogie MotorSports Park

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Got this today from Calabogie up here in Canada
--------------------------------------------

Good Morning,

We hope each of you is well and staying safe during these challenging times.

We wanted to let you know that we are busy making plans for our 2020 track season and working on our physical distancing protocols that will help to ensure the health and safety of our clients and staff. As the Province starts to loosen up current restrictions, we will get each of you out and on the track as soon we are permitted to do so.

Please stay posted to our website as things evolve.

Kind regards,

Jane Blinn
Track Manager
Calabogie MotorSports Park

I got that too, gives one a bit of hope. And Perry is running their events at Calabogie, so obviously they are working in concert on this. Very good to see.

And on the other hand, there are 4 track days scheduled for the last week in April at Mosport, and Mosport is totally closed according to an email they sent out a couple of weeks ago, workers are all off site, office workers are doing stuff from home. No indication of any imminent plans to re-open.

So I've asked a couple of the track day groups if their Mosport track days are still going on, since none of them have anything on their website but they are still soliciting sign ups. I got back ***silence***.

Not very pro-active on their part. If they are going to run those days, without some assurance that they are going to take some precautions specific to our world today I won't be signing up.

En fact at the groceries store we should go max 1 time every 10days.

Hard to do that when they limit frozen veggies, meat, and other products to 4 or 2.
Even fresh veggies by me, many times, should barely be on the shelf they are starting to go bad.
They would never last 10 days.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Irvine, CA
This event has now been postponed due to last minute headcount rule changes by the track owner, although they are gauging interest in a reduced headcount at more than double the price. I'm going to pass on that, as there are other options this weekend and upcoming weekends. Chuckwalla is running this weekend through their internal track day organizer with a small head count (50 or 75 I think, "in compliance with Riverside County orders") for $175/day and there are increasing events every weekend.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Irvine, CA

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
for those of you slightly further south, Speed District and Willow Springs (Big Willow) have been a pretty solid pairing. They've just created one for next Thursday the 14th sent via email and soon on the website.

boardkat

CAMtard
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Lake Oswego, OR
On that note, USCA just announced that their Optima event @ WSIR Big Willow on 5/29-30 will be happening, after they cleared everything with the owners and Kern County themselves! Pumped to finally have something to look forward to! :)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel