The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Software to overlay separate videos to analyze laps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racelogic's perfect but expensive

you can do it cheaper like this:-

you can get an app for your phone like "track addict"

We used to put the phone on the dash with a sucker mount and it would record the video and the overlay together, download it and try it in your daily car!

Now for trackdays we cant use suckers any more so i record with a helmet cam then you can leave the trackaddict running in the car on the floor or somewhere to record the speed and log the track then add them together on your pc

frosty said:
I've got it worked out with a windows application. However, I'm trying give it the functionality to allow user to stream with a video on YouTube. That's proving to be a tougher challenge.

http://mashuping.com/

You just have to edit them to start at the same point, then upload and link them.

You can shoot the videos with a Contour GPS or similar camera that overlays gps data to help sync them, or just do it manually.

I finally got a little time to through together the concept.

The following URL contains a little info and an installation link.

http://www.110motorsports.com/Products/RaceMate/RaceMate.aspx

It's a .net application and the install comes from my servers. You can simply uninstall the app from add/remove programs.

It's basic right now. You can take two video files play them simultaneously on a windows pc.

I use it to compare lines through a corner, even starts in Auto-x.

TMO Supporting Vendors