The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Sold. FS: Apex 18x11 Race Silver Wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Jump on those Dark Horse, great price . Do your run out at Heartland with SCCA or NASA?

You need to put the middle of September on your calendar for the Mustang Roundup , Hastings, Ne. ( www.racepmph.com ) . Biggest bucket list Mustang track event near you and super close. Likelyhood a GT 500 will be in attendance, over 90%.

We get 5-6 Ford Engineers down from Dearborn every year.

Last edited:

Dark Horse

2012 BOSS 302 LS 541
Being the small world that it is, I have made five of the Mustang Roundups and am a member of the Alfalfa Club. My second year out there I was fortunate enough to have you instruct me during a couple of sessions.

My schedule has not allowed me to do any of the SCCA or NASA events at HMP but I’ve done a few of the Track Night In America sessions along with a few club weekends. I have been intending to send you an e-mail about a HMP get together that you posted earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Call or email me anytime, and hopefully we might be able to meet some time at Heartland? I plan on running both an SCCA event and at least two NASA events. Thanks for letting me know about instructing you at Hastings ------hard to know who might post since most folks go by their monikers on Forums. You may remember I lived in Kansas for 30 years so have spent plenty of time in the State Capitol!

[email protected]
402-677-5864

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Funny part is both of these guys are damn good drivers, and I seriously had little to do but help them tidy up a few lines.....they both have talent. Now Tyme did have one disadvantage, because he bought a helmet that was way too big, and he looked like a bobblehead driving around the course, adjusting the goofy thing which kept getting tilted on his noggin. You don't have to be much of an Instructor to tell your student , " Get a new helmet ,Kirk!!" The classic was during one lap he adjusted his helmet 16 times.........ya think that might have slowed down his lap tyme, Sherlock?

Yes , Tyme has a new helmet now.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Let me try it out in the car first. The two new helmets I have are identical with the exception of the material. Although the weight difference is 3.85 lbs, vs. 3.42 lbs (Both with the HANS post anchors), it may be psychosomatic but the CF one does seem lighter on my head.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Heh, you are right , but TMS , Tyme and I got excited as we all have Apex rims or soon will have and we needed to get Dark Horse to jump on these? So back to the rims and apologies for getting off track-- though we hope to see Dark Horse on track at the Mustang Roundup?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel