The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

SOLD - Shelby GT350 Tremec TR3160 Transmission

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
I just removed this transmission from my 2016 GT350 Tech package. Transmission has 6500 miles on it with no track days, burnouts, or missed shifts. This model is exclusive to the GT350 and not currently available for purchase to the public. Probably the best transmission offered from Ford to date. Light years ahead of the M82. The transmission is still wet with the oem fluid from the factory. This model does not have the internal pump which makes it much easier to adapt to your coyote or project car.

Below is a link for more information regarding the transmission if you do not already know about the specifics. A simple google search will result in plenty of reading material.

http://www.mustangandfords.com/news/1509-2016-shelby-gt350-gets-beefed-up-tremec-tr-3160-six-speed/

The transmission is available as follows:

Transmission only $2200
Transmission + OEM shifter $2300
Transmission + Shelby American cooling scoop $2400
Transmission + Scoop + Shifter $2500

Local pickup preferred, but I have the materials to ship it if you want to pay for shipping. I will get pics up tomorrow.

DSC_0727_zpsjw7g1orp.png
DSC_0729_zpsh67z5qw3.png
DSC_0726_zpsj2fjvhtz.png
DSC_0731_zpsykcgmoea.png
DSC_0732_zpsf6s8kf0d.png
DSC_0728_zpszfgilepu.png

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
TMSBOSS said:
Will this Tremec bolt up,to and plug into a S197 Mustang? Drive shaft mods?

This may be a good swap for a Boss owner.

I never had the opportunity to play around with the S197 cars. I would say yes as long as it is coyote based. The nitty gritty of the install is unknown though. Don't think anyone has done it yet, simply because these transmissions are hard to come across

racer47

Still winning after 30+ years
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
SE WI
What are the gear ratios?

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
Something I've thought about, but months away from being able to try.

I've watched this closely, but the big concerns I have are costs, survival in race-duty (thus cooler$) and any trouble I'd get into in the custom work (since custom stuff hasn't treated me terribly well). Thanks for the tag though, I'm keeping all options on the table and this is one!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel