The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Some BOSS owners...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I couldn't believe my eyes today. There is another Boss that lives around my place of employment. It was very dirty, had a nice big door ding (assuming) in the rear quarter, and even a large grease spot under the fuel door. What is this all about? Why would someone spend the money on a special edition with no creature comfort options, and treat it like it was a rental? Is there a Boss Protection Agency I can report this too? I guess I would hope that the explanation would be, "oh, yeah, had her at the track this weekend, just didn't have a chance to clean her up"

Well it could be his daily driver and have no garage, like myself.
Mine is dirty 90% of the time, and there are things that are out of your control. Like the kids playing ball outside...and one hit my car and I ran out like a lunatic lollll.

Sounds like the owner isn't very fastidious about keeping it clean, although maybe you caught him (or her) in between cleanings (which is about every other day for me).

But shiznit does happen... Just got mine back from the body shop, after I almost tore off the front end of the car. No metal damage, but had to replace / paint the front bumper cover and some other busted bits and pieces after it almost got torn off on a ramp rolling back off a car trailer. Fortunately it was all plastic parts that were damaged, cost wasn't too awful bad, and it's all back to like-new. But, ugh...!!! Totally my fault for not taking enough precautions, and I'm still f-ing pissed about it...

Yeah, I hear ya all, and I know I can't put someone down for buying an awesome car as a daily driver, but it's not that. Just seeing where it was parked that last few times, I got a little sentimental about it. How can someone have a car like this, and not show their appreciation with a little pampering? i.e. an isolated parking spot (not taking more than one, but at least isolated), and maybe a wash. Hasn't ever been clean when I've seen it. But, you are right, at least I have my own to take care of....

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Thank you Max Five, as you are a faithful and upright Boss owner. Please find out who this owner is though, as I want to make sure we don't take it in trade.

Dirty could be explained, but dent and door ding means this must be a past Malibu owner!

I don't get it. Mine is a DD and I still wash it every 2-3 days. It sits in the garage and the cats get on it although no evidence that they hurt it just little sweaty dusty paw prints. I always park out away from other cars and on the far right of a parking lot, assuming every car has a driver but not always a passenger.

My son in law has a nice SRT 8 Charger he rarely washes. Really nice expensive car and he is trashing it. Sad. Mine won't be a valuble sought after car cause I am putting miles on it but cars like the one featured by the first post will deffinately make your low mileage cars worth more.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
it pains me to see any mustang or nice car dirty and used like an appliance. Thinking about getting some business cards made with my info for detailing so I can at least make money cleaning there cars lol

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict
max5ive0 said:
Yeah, I hear ya all, and I know I can't put someone down for buying an awesome car as a daily driver, but it's not that. Just seeing where it was parked that last few times, I got a little sentimental about it. How can someone have a car like this, and not show their appreciation with a little pampering? i.e. an isolated parking spot (not taking more than one, but at least isolated), and maybe a wash. Hasn't ever been clean when I've seen it. But, you are right, at least I have my own to take care of....

Some people just want to watch the world burn brotha... :eek:

But seriously, some people just don't care. I use my car like it's supposed to be used (track, autox) but at the same time I'm very meticulous about how I care for it. People don't understand why I don't want to park it in San Francisco...why I find isolated spots in big shopping malls...why I spend 6 hours on a Saturday detailing it.

Some people just aren't "car" people, and as someone else stated, they use them as appliances. I have an emotional attachment to all of my "fun" cars that only enthusiasts will really understand. My fiancee thinks I'm nuts, my folks gave up on trying to figure out my obsession, and everyone else on the freeway is just oblivious.

Ever notice how "Camry" also spells "My Car"? It's for the people that just want to be able to say "Yeah, that gold one is my car".

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Boostd4 said:
max5ive0 said:

Some people just want to watch the world burn brotha... :eek:

But seriously, some people just don't care. I use my car like it's supposed to be used (track, autox) but at the same time I'm very meticulous about how I care for it. People don't understand why I don't want to park it in San Francisco...why I find isolated spots in big shopping malls...why I spend 6 hours on a Saturday detailing it.

Some people just aren't "car" people, and as someone else stated, they use them as appliances. I have an emotional attachment to all of my "fun" cars that only enthusiasts will really understand. My fiancee thinks I'm nuts, my folks gave up on trying to figure out my obsession, and everyone else on the freeway is just oblivious.

Ever notice how "Camry" also spells "My Car"? It's for the people that just want to be able to say "Yeah, that gold one is my car".
well said. I get into arguments about the amount of attention I give my cars especially the boss. Moving to a new place was a great debate as I didnt want to live in the ghetto or park in gen pop parking. basically had to have a driveway or a garage. That started a fight....lol.

Lol, im glad im not the only wierd one parking in BFE and washing it every other day.. Luckily for me I do have another car as a daily driver. Often the wife or friends will want to go out in the Boss, but depending on where we are going and what type of parking there is I will often choose to drive my toyota instead. People think im nuts choosing which car to drive dependant on possible parking situations at our destination.. lol

reakhavok said:
Often the wife or friends will want to go out in the Boss, but depending on where we are going and what type of parking there is I will often choose to drive my toyota instead. People think im nuts choosing which car to drive dependant on possible parking situations at our destination.. lol

^ 100 x This!!! Little did I know this thread would be a support group for my ...uh.. eccentricities. Thank you all! Good to know there are others

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
So far my car has only been parked at the lot at work (way out in the 3rd lot) or on the street where I can see it when I meet friends for lunch on Friday's. I don't count the quick trips to the local markets or Lowe's, I park way out in no man's land for less than 30 minutes. It's kinda cool to see folks eyeball the Boss when parked on the street, and you see the occasional camera phone pic or 2. Makes me think that all those layers of zaino are worth it!

I get the big middle finger and other crap (-all in good fun from the 1st ad 2nd floor windows) each day I get to work. I have a garage, but gravel driveway (muddy after rain). Bunch of engineers and classic car guys at work go nuts when they see my mildly muddy boss. I just cite I'd rather drive and enjoy than have a trailer queen. I wash every two weeks, but they even bust my ass for not detailing the under side. In the end, they take pics and check my boss out at lunch time. I haven't even seen their rides as they're locked away in some garage

TMO Supporting Vendors