The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Some Clutch advice please!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Hi, I was feeling that my clutch is getting a bit mushy. Any thing wrong with going with this clutch??

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/SPC-SF503-9/Mustang-Spec-Stage-3-Clutch-9-Bolt-Cover-11-14

The car is tracked about twice a month now, I don't think I will go down the supercharger path in the future but will go with the complete Kooks, CAI and 85mm TB one day.

(tight budget, saving for Hoosiers!)

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
By the way, CJ pony parts had the spec stage one clutch kit for $303.99.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Was about to buy the clutch when I had some nagging doubts..... Would the Spec stage one clutch help me with my 2 to 3 lockout at 7000+ rpm? Or would a Mcleod clutch or the like be better?

Was going to get the clutch line as well.

Maui
Mad Hatter said:
Was about to buy the clutch when I had some nagging doubts..... Would the Spec stage one clutch help me with my 2 to 3 lockout at 7000+ rpm? Or would a Mcleod clutch or the like be better?

Was going to get the clutch line as well.

I used to have 2nd-3rd gear lockout with the stocker at the drags all the time... Then I changed over to the mcleod rxt and the mcleod SS clutch line and I have no more lockout at high rpm shifts (+7000 rpms). It's awesome and I highly recommend it. I got the mcleod lightened steel flywheel and changed the TOB, and pilot bearing at the same time. The pedal feel was really soft , but when I took out the helper assist spring , it stiffened it up more and it's now perfect..

TMO Supporting Vendors