The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Some pics from BIR last weekend - Reclaiming #9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was looking at them again. I could run a 315/30/18 and 275/35/18 but I'm afraid it's too much rear tire. Stagger is 1.7". I wish they made a 285.......

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Gary--quick question--did you play with your tire pressures at all to try and bias out the oversteer on the square setup? ie: Drop rear pressure a couple PSI, bump up front pressure a couple PSI?

Tire pressure adjustments can make a lot of difference on-track (as you undoubtedly already know).

Also--where are you getting your R888s?

ArizonaGT said:
Gary--quick question--did you play with your tire pressures at all to try and bias out the oversteer on the square setup? ie: Drop rear pressure a couple PSI, bump up front pressure a couple PSI?

Tire pressure adjustments can make a lot of difference on-track (as you undoubtedly already know).

Also--where are you getting your R888s?
I've been running 2-3 psi less in the rear on the Nittos. 32 cold front and 29-30 cold rear. I still burned up the center of my rears a little faster so might try dropping to 28.

tiresdirect.net for the R888s.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel