The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Some sweet exhaust notes of vintage Trans-am race cars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8) thanks for posting.

Thanks for sharing this. I was in Monterey for Vintage week in 2012 and will be attending again in 2013. I saw these cars run during their heyday at Laguna back in the 1970's and it was awesome. The racing lineage is one big reason I purchased the Boss 302....

YellowJacketBoss302 said:
Outstanding !!!!!!
Is this vintage race an annual affair?

It most certainly is, and it is one of the events that every enthusiast needs to see. Last year the featured marque was Cobra and it was nothing short of spectacular. The honoree for 2013 is Corvette marking 60 years.

I am enjoying the Trans Am videos. I attended many in the Sixties and 1970 at Laguna, Riverside and Sears Point. The '70 TA was a high point...I drove up from Santa Barbara with my '66 GT-350 to see Parnelli win in the Bud Moore Boss. No wonder I desperately want this latest one. Soon it will happen.

SeattleBoss

TrackAttack 9-23-13
I was lucky enough to catch both the Mid-Ohio and Road America T/A races in 1970. It was so loud next to the track my ears were numb for hours. Bought my first Boss two years later and still have it.

TMO Supporting Vendors