The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Something a little different this weekend F-SAE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I helped out the local college this weekend with their Formula SAE car. Pretty cool piece, tons of aero, chromoly chassis coil overs , just a bunch of neat stuff.
I asked why they had only one pickup on the fuel tank, they said they used a fuel cell foam that had a capillary action that "drew" the fuel to the pickup, first I heard about that.
They also used a pic from an F1 photo, digitized it, measured it and reconstructed the wing, then ran it in a virtual wind tunnel to see how it would work...no more hiding things now I guess.
Powered by a GSXR 600cc engine with a spec inlet restrictor and exhaust. The car is fully instrumented which is why it took 15 minutes for every 5 minutes of track time, to make sure all the Star Wars BS worked at once.
Car is completely adjustable, toe in/out front /rear, anti squat, anti roll bars, you can dial your way right out of being competitive with this thing.
If you get a chance to look one of these over, I would highly suggest it.
pPZiFEml.jpg

TG9UKVxl.jpg

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
I helped out the local college this weekend with their Formula SAE car. Pretty cool piece, tons of aero, chromoly chassis coil overs , just a bunch of neat stuff.
I asked why they had only one pickup on the fuel tank, they said they used a fuel cell foam that had a capillary action that "drew" the fuel to the pickup, first I heard about that.
They also used a pic from an F1 photo, digitized it, measured it and reconstructed the wing, then ran it in a virtual wind tunnel to see how it would work...no more hiding things now I guess.
Powered by a GSXR 600cc engine with a spec inlet restrictor and exhaust. The car is fully instrumented which is why it took 15 minutes for every 5 minutes of track time, to make sure all the Star Wars BS worked at once.
Car is completely adjustable, toe in/out front /rear, anti squat, anti roll bars, you can dial your way right out of being competitive with this thing.
If you get a chance to look one of these over, I would highly suggest it.
pPZiFEml.jpg

TG9UKVxl.jpg
Its a Holley Hydramat:

TMO Supporting Vendors