The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Something very cool here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

There is something very trick going on here that can be applied to other cars.
Do you see what it is?
No it's not the single hub, it is a very simple hack.
It's not the string either.

20210912_113045.jpg

Marking the rim so you know where the valve stem is without running your vision around the rim three times before finding it to take hot pressure? “I swear there is a valve stem on here somewhere…”
Smart. I usually mark also the tire there. So i can see also if the tire slides. But honestly i did without thinking about the looking for valve thing lol

Norm nails it

So i dont have to hunt around for it while avoiding the tire temp guy, the brake temp guy, the " i want to look at it guy" and all the rest on pit lane

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
Watching the Le Mans 24, as well as the car in the background of the wheel spacer test video that Ludachris posted (forward to 3/4 through), I noticed a lot of teams painting/ vinyling the wheel spokes on either side of the valve stem in hi-vis red or yellow for the same reason.

Norm Peterson

Corner Barstool Sitter
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
a few miles east of Philly
Norm nails it

So i dont have to hunt around for it while avoiding the tire temp guy, the brake temp guy, the " i want to look at it guy" and all the rest on pit lane
Thanks. Easy enough to spot when you already do use logo orientation to point to either the valve stem or the locking lug nut.

Center cap orientation.jpg

Norm

Norm Peterson

Corner Barstool Sitter
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
a few miles east of Philly
Mind if I post a second little quiz?

There's a little tool useful for axle work in particular hiding in blown-out examples of . . .

Car speaker.jpg

For extra credit, how would you use it (it does need to work with one other "part" that's something most people just throw away without second thought).

Norm

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
Well I might save the magnet and slap it on the diff cover to collect metal particles in the diff oil. I prefer using magnets out of a hard drive.

TMO Supporting Vendors