The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

sometimes slashing tires should be legal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
today me and my girl went to best buy I took the boss parked way out where no one was so I wouldnt get a door ding etc. so I come out the store and some ******* in a green dodge ram parked so close to the side of my car I could barely get my car door open. no reason for this there was plenty of parking much closer to the store. I wasnt taking mulitple spots. if my gf wouldnt have been there there I would have carved thank you grocery bag in the side of his truck. what is the deal there is no call for being in my spot that far out in the parking lot. and people wonder why there cars get messed up.

sorry for the language

GA
boss2511 said:
today me and my girl went to best buy I took the boss parked way out where no one was so I wouldnt get a door ding etc. so I come out the store and some ******** in a green dodge ram parked so close to the side of my car I could barely get my car door open. no reason for this there was plenty of parking much closer to the store. I wasnt taking mulitple spots. if my gf wouldnt have been there there I would have carved thank you grocery bag in the side of his truck. what is the deal there is no call for being in my spot that far out in the parking lot. and people wonder why there cars get messed up.

sorry for the language

This must be your first Mustang. No matter where you park, a big truck always finds you and parks right up against you. It's like a law of nature or something. ;)

Justin

PJWANNABE said:
boss2511 said:
today me and my girl went to best buy I took the boss parked way out where no one was so I wouldnt get a door ding etc. so I come out the store and some ********* in a green dodge ram parked so close to the side of my car I could barely get my car door open. no reason for this there was plenty of parking much closer to the store. I wasnt taking mulitple spots. if my gf wouldnt have been there there I would have carved thank you grocery bag in the side of his truck. what is the deal there is no call for being in my spot that far out in the parking lot. and people wonder why there cars get messed up.

sorry for the language
This must be your first Mustang. No matter where you park, a big truck always finds you and parks up right against you. It's like a law of nature or something. ;)
its acutally my fourth mustang. there were spots all around it open. i would get it if I took up two spaces. but I wasnt being a t-bag about it just parked far out and took the walk. does that mean I should be almost parked out from being able to get in my car? I think not. his entire drivers side wheels were in my parking spot could only open the door 4 inches. and no one was beside him for three spaces in any direction. that my friend will get your windows smashed in and tires slashed if I am in the wrong mood.

I am sure we all have had this happen, at one time or another, that is why this car will not be left alone. In my much younger days I would have kicked the tire valve until it would start a small leak, or take a bb and put it under the valve cap, slow leak. You are sending a message but not cutting a tire.

Justin

KYBOSSLS said:
I am sure we all have had this happen, at one time or another, that is why this car will not be left alone. In my much younger days I would have kicked the tire valve until it would start a small leak, or take a bb and put it under the valve cap, slow leak. You are sending a message but not cutting a tire.
yeah I used to carry around a valve stem removal tool. just for this reason

BLAZN BOSS

I would have waited for who ever parked...............with the brand new bat from Dick's sporting goods just for insurance.

I have the same issue. I always park my car far away from everyone else to avoid door dings. But for some reason, people like to park next to me as well....This is a big pet peeve of mine.. :mad:

It happens regardless of what type of car you are driving, in my experience. I park my truck in the far end of lots just because the spaces are so narrow here, and people still park right next to it.

302BOB said:
Jealousy makes people do stupid things. I park my Boss out of the way also....the only trouble I had was a bird using my car for target practice.

I think those birds get a kick out of dropping "bombs" on cars...haha....I don't blame them..if I were a bird I'd do the same...LOL! :p

Justin

Nice2BEtheBOSS said:
302BOB said:
Jealousy makes people do stupid things. I park my Boss out of the way also....the only trouble I had was a bird using my car for target practice.

I think those birds get a kick out of dropping "bombs" on cars...haha....I don't blame them..if I were a bird I'd do the same...LOL! :p
lol I think they look for the cleanest cars to do it to. I have noticed from this boss and previous white car I had that insects like to hang out on them for some reason. they must be attracted to white

Back in the day, early 70s, I got so tired of that and made up 4 posts and some bright yellow rope tied to them.

I would keep them in the trunk and when I parked, way out at the end still, I would put the posts up at the perimiter of the parking space around my pride and joy.

Then, when I'd come out sometimes, people would be parked around it, stepping over the yellow rope and looking inside of it as if it were on display for them to do that! ??? ::)

IMO bringing attention to your car is never a good idea. I always try and park on an end up against a planter so you know one side is protected. And taking up more than one parking spot is just asking to get your car keyed.

5 DOT 0 said:
IMO bringing attention to your car is never a good idea. I always try and park on an end up against a planter so you know one side is protected. And taking up more than one parking spot is just asking to get your car keyed.

This is what I do. But it hard not to attract attention when your car is bright orange, sitting there glowing like the sun in a sea of black, gray and silver lifeless hunks of metal. ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMO Supporting Vendors