The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Sometimes you just can't win!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I had a new lower front splitter in the box on the shelf for about 5 years. The original on my 2012 had a couple of dings after 10 years & 35k miles so I went head and replaced it with the new one 2 days ago coming back from taking it out to gas up I get stuck behind "Sandford & Son" trash hauling pickup and big hunk of scrap metal comes off, no place to go so just hope it stays low. No luck, its stuck under car wedged in by the trans cooling scoop. Managed to get it out, just scraped the scoop but cracked the new splitter as well.

Sorry to hear about your splitter. Some people just don't care. 🤬 Then, there are the people that are deceptive, dishonest, thieves , liers ..... and seems like they have no conscience go on happy go lucky never get what they "deserve". I feel your frustration. I could park 20 spaces from other cars and get a door ding.

Edit - sorry for my rant. I was being selfish. Second session yesterday bent a wheel at the track.

Last edited:
Is the bent wheel one on you Apex wheels?
Yes. Only a year old. I PM d Cory here with all the details and pictures. Then texted him to check his TMO inbox when he's back back to work after the holiday weekend. I know about the 2 year replacement warranty and damage 1/2 price warranty. I just have to wait and see how he was going to work with me. I had sm10s ordered last year but were stuck on a ship for months. He worked really hard to get ec7 s to my door before last memorial day weekend so I could get tires mounted and make my first hpde.

TMO Supporting Vendors