The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Sonoma Raceway with HOD Thursday July 2nd

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NFSBOSS said:
@101blur we'll be in your backyard.

Oh man I have been wanting to go back to Sonoma bad. I will see if I can get that day off work be awesome to be able to track with more mustangs but I probably wouldn't run in the same classes as you guys. thanks for the heads up.

Bonus for those attending the July 2 event...the sponsor for the day is SF Motorsports....huge shop for Ferrari's, Masserati's, etc....will be lots of eye candy(in addition to the gaggle of Boss Mustangs.

Wingrider

'11 GT500, 99% Track Car. Lots of mods & I coach
I'm sitting at the dealership getting the Expedition serviced this morning prepping to haul the beast up to Sonoma for Wednesday and Thursday.

Shaping up to be a cooker up there folks so bring lots of fluids and maybe an ice chest.

Had an awesome day today with Team BMO and Team HOD @ Sonoma Raceway. There are two members cars missing in the photo but four of the six Mustangs have Watson Racing roll bars and one has brand MM. A big shout out to Patrick Lee at Watson Racing for offering the group buys and keeping us all safer. You never know when something bad is going to happen.

IMG_5887_zpspabpdc39.jpg
IMG_5888_zpspphfaqfo.jpg

Wingrider

It was a great day at the track. Team BMO out on track getting it done and looking good.

A great warm up for the Shelby Mini-Nats next month where Ford is scheduled to show the GT350 among other great events.

http://www.norcal-saac.org/mininats/
https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=9604.0

Wingrider said:
It was a great day at the track. Team BMO out on track getting it done and looking good.
The track day was in conjunction with a Ferrari group so there were lots of Ferrari's in attendance. During the last session I gridded behind a guy in a dark blue Ferrari F430 Scuderia. He was talking to Gordon, l8apex, and while talking he pointed in my direction and there were a couple of other BMO members right behind me. The guy commented to Gordon that those Mustangs are fast and when they get behind me I just point them by. ;D I should have some video of him I'll post later. You gotta give credit to a guy that takes his $250K car out to the track for some fun.

Wingrider

NFSBOSS said:
Video of Wingrider showing me his double secret lines around Sonoma and then the Scuderia makes an appearance.

@Wingrider
@CorteX Racing

Aw shucks.
I am getting the hang of the 660/680 combination vs 645's and trying to work out a mid to late apex push the car has now. Cortex and Guy Gamba helped through the day to start ironing it out.

Rick really had me hustling to keep out in front of him!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel