The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Sorry I've been away a bit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
Yeah, about 15 mins away from the old place. The school district is great here so that was the main factor. Will have some pics of the garage soon. It’s a little larger 3-car than the old one we had. And I have storage options elsewhere in the house so I should be able to keep this one much cleaner. :) I sprung for an epoxy coating on the floor since the wife “suggested” it. Now I just need her to suggest a workbench and cabinets, and a lift (10 foot ceilings!).

Still more work to be done on the tear out first for the mini remodel before we move in. I’m beat!
Are you doing the floor yourself? I am also doing an epoxy floor and it's a lot of work. Mostly the prep that takes so much time. Cleaning, sanding/grinding, cleaning again, trying to make sure the epoxy sticks to the floor.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Are you doing the floor yourself? I am also doing an epoxy floor and it's a lot of work. Mostly the prep that takes so much time. Cleaning, sanding/grinding, cleaning again, trying to make sure the epoxy sticks to the floor.
I had a company do the epoxy floor this time - I've done it myself in the past in another garage and I have too many other projects I need to work on and figured I'd have a pro do it this time around to do it better than I could.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Quick update - we're officially living in the new house. We can't really unpack because the house is still a construction zone with the garage housing most of our stuff. We are walking around on exposed subfloors, as the flooring materials were delayed so the flooring contractor can't do the install until next month sometime. The kitchen is halfway done with no plumbing (or sink) because the counter tops won't be ready until next month. Luckily we have a small kitchenette available. I have a crazy long list of things I need to get done but the water is running, the heater works, we have working toilets, the beds are built, and the internet is working fine so I can get work done, so overall, things are good.

I'm exhausted, but still feeling grateful.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Your predicament is absolutely ludicrous , your situation only means you are living up to your name, ha.

Water, heat and toilet functioning , no worries only thing you need is a microwave and you are set.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Quick update - we're officially living in the new house. We can't really unpack because the house is still a construction zone with the garage housing most of our stuff. We are walking around on exposed subfloors, as the flooring materials were delayed so the flooring contractor can't do the install until next month sometime. The kitchen is halfway done with no plumbing (or sink) because the counter tops won't be ready until next month. Luckily we have a small kitchenette available. I have a crazy long list of things I need to get done but the water is running, the heater works, we have working toilets, the beds are built, and the internet is working fine so I can get work done, so overall, things are good.

I'm exhausted, but still feeling grateful.

What, 2020 wasn’t exciting enough, you had to just up-end the one place you’re being told you can’t leave?? You’re crazy!!

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Your predicament is absolutely ludicrous , your situation only means you are living up to your name, ha.

Water, heat and toilet functioning , no worries only thing you need is a microwave and you are set.
Microwave and toaster oven - check.

I had to put the doors back on for the bathrooms the second day we were here so that people didn't have to announce that they were going to the bathroom to prevent others from walking by. :)

TMO Supporting Vendors