The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Sorry to say I must be stupid....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just bought a Contour ROAM2 video camera. I am looking for some way to import and overlay GPS track data onto the video.

I have a Galaxy 2 phone. I have tried Trackmaster and RaceChrono. Somehow I am not able to get the video and data together.

What is everyone else using that is relatively cheap and easy to use, I am computer illiterate to a degree.

Thanks

Signed,
Confused in Texas....

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I was using TrackMaster and Racechrono2AVI. Use trackmaster to output a .CSV file for the lap or session you want to video. You can then feed that into RC2AVI to create the overlay and map etc. as a .AVI video file.

THEN you overlay that with the track video using your video editing software; I use the "picture in picture" feature. The hard part is getting everything synced up perfectly.

I believe the latest version of Trackmaster has a video function where you use the phone as the camera and data recorder. When I got an iPhone I started using Harry's Lap Timer which takes care of all the overlay for you as long as you're using the phone as your camera--almost effortless.

isrboss

I use:

ContorRoam ($)=video
Racechrono for Andriod phone=data
QStarz 818xt ($)=bluetooth GPS
Race Render 2 ($)= overlay data on video

mcmmotorsports

Resident Mental Patient
When I was racing, I used the TraqMate/GoPro setup. Not very cheap though. BTW, got the whole setup for sale including the camera for $1,500. 8)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpCejOeFWVc[/youtube]

TMO Supporting Vendors