The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Sound the alarms, the new Z/28 is coming!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The more they push one another (Chevy & Ford) the better it is for the consumer.
However that trans sure does look interesting. Has my attention.
But then again I'm dealing with the famous MT-82.
This will haunt Ford for some time being a HUGE part where Ford fell short. The GT500 trans could have not been any closer.

Does this sound like a super charged engine?

https://youtu.be/etX1UIgrH2s

Really hard to tell with all the extra background noise the mic picks up. Either way, it sounds like any other chevy with an exhaust system :p

byronj said:
I think it sounds great. But that crash looked a little suspect. I think it was intentional. JUST my .02

yep...yet another case of an intentional wreck to make their car look appealing.
Do you ever wonder why people offer their 2 cents but only get a penny for their thoughts?

ArizonaBOSS said:
Seriously though, it looks like there was some sort of brake issue as the rears and at least one front locked completely. Yikes.

Don't believe what the media is telling you!!! I have found some unedited footage of the incident.

https://www.facebook.com/kenbjonnes/videos/10208058578516507/

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
VoodooBOSS said:
I'm pretty sure this is going to be a NA car and probably making 550+ HP.

I totally agree and I would expect Chevy to keep the 427 CID N/A engine. A Camaro with a 427 is like the holy grail to Chevy fans. Similar to Boss 429 Mustang status for Ford fans.

Time will tell as it will be here soon? Any news on hard release date?

302 Hi Pro

Notes: Looking at the last posted video it sounds to me like the red and blue Camaros are automatic transmission cars. Also looking at the left side of the rear bumper on the blue Camaro heading to the garage, it looked like it was badged as a ZL1, (2 Chrome letters followed by a red #1?) Anyone else see that?

Interesting videos, thanks for posting.
2HP

In the V6L
The red car was an autobox, the blue car was a manual. You can tell by the shift points through the corner. Both shifted on entry, one shifted on exit but the other didn't.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
New Jersey
GT390 said:
I look forward to the release info on the new "GT500" or equivalent. The timing is about right. Even if the info is just a teaser to gauge interest. Doesn't matter to me if they call it GT500, Mach1 or any other name they come up with. Also would not surprise me if horsepower was through the roof 800 plus. Carol Shelby always wanted to produce a street car in excess of 1,000 HP.
Car prices have reached the point where we don't blink at $70,000.00 for a Mustang.
The next Mustang to escape the coral needs to put some distance between Ford & GM.

If they do make a Mach 1, it should bridge the gap between the GT350 and the GT. That's basically what the previous Mach 1 did, and I'd like to see them do it again. I think a beefed up coyote (5.2 cross plane? or 5.0 with gt350 manifold and better cams?) with a few minor upgrades but not quite the whole gt350 package would make a great Mach 1.
The high horsepower deal should be a gt500 or a cobra.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Agree. Now, how do we contact Ford and let thenpm know the decision has been made?? LOL. ;)

I look forward to the next gen of pony cars.

Who would have thunk that we would have seen this happen after living through the death of performance cars in the 70's???

Awfully glad we have

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel