The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Sounds like a supercharger and a turbo at the same time???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Returned home from Hastings Track Event and something weird is goin on. Car is running just fine but there seems to be an air leak, vacuum leak of some kind….under acceleration there is an air whoosh that is audible that sounds like a whoosh of a supercharger and when you lift to shift there is an another audible air sound that sounds almost like a waste gate??? Any Ideas?

If you have a pre-2019 GT350 then the issue may lie with the metal plate that covers the lower portion of the bellhousing. It can rattle and vibrate when hot. I had this issue with my car and was actually asked if the car was pro-charged by people who heard it. It's sounds like air rushing or a plastic bag trapped under the car. Ford redesigned this plate in 2019 and I cured the issue in my car by covering the plate in a dynamat type material.

Thanks, I’ll get the car up in the air and check that. I have no codes either. Still a mystery.

TMO Supporting Vendors