The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Source for Mobil 1 5W-50

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I met a guy today at lunch that works for an Exxon distributer and is helping me get ahold of some 5W-50 for my first oil change. Sounds like it's going to be pretty easy and the price is less than $8 per quart. If anyone else is interested, I can ask him for contacts in various regions.

Brian

I've been looking high and low for a place that ships 5w50 with no luck. It has to be USPS for where I'm located so that makes it even harder. So instead I have to order from the UK, just spent $126 on 10 quarts. This sucks.

Napa has a sale on Mobil 1 synthetic until the end of this month......alot cheaper than the motorcraft oil. Yes Mobil 1 makes a 5w-50, seems hard to find. My store had to do some checking around and found it. My local store called me back to let me know they can get it.

Got a chance to get mobile 1 15 w 50 for 17 bucks a jug. Is it to heavy for the boss..love to know the answers

Andy said:
Got a chance to get mobile 1 15 w 50 for 17 bucks a jug. Is it to heavy for the boss..love to know the answers
Yep.

TheMarco said:
Interesting. Is this oil better than the Motorcraft?

Better, I don't know. Motorcraft fluids are quality stuff and I have no problem using them but I do not study the specs like some guys do. Mobile One is alsoa good quailty oil and if I can get it cheaper I will use it, otherwise I use Motorcraft for the warranty reasons.

Andy said:

Stick with the 5W-50, it is not worth the saving in a 12G motor.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
finally got an email back from G oil....canned email saying thank you for your interest we currently have no plans to make that oil but keep checking this link we sent you

TheMarco said:
Interesting. Is this oil better than the Motorcraft?

Yes, by the numbers it's better. It's a PAO based group IV oil, where the motorcraft is a group III. I found mine at the Lubricant store for about the same price as the motorcraft and my Ford dealer did the oil change for me (as will as a few other things). Next time I'll be getting this oil from my local Exxon distributer.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Castrol makes 5-50W Full Synthetic and it is good enough for ole John Force's Stang,ha.

Quite reasonable and on sale ( Parent company is British Petroleum - BP )

Wal Mart has Mobil 1 fully synthetic 5W50 5 qt container for $26.48. That works out to $5.29/qt plus sales tax. This is where I buy the oil for all my cars, truck and race car. They always have the best price in Orlando, FL. Check it out on their website.

Pedro.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Bill Pemberton said:
Castrol makes 5-50W Full Synthetic and it is good enough for ole John Force's Stang,ha.

Quite reasonable and on sale ( Parent company is British Petroleum - BP )

+1. That's all I use.

Walmarts no good for me
Everytime i go into my local to me walmart
I wanna stab some low life in the head with
A csrewdriver

So i have not been inside one in 6 years
Now.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
gremlinsteve said:
Walmarts no good for me
Everytime i go into my local to me walmart
I wanna stab some low life in the head with
A csrewdriver

So i have not been inside one in 6 years
Now.
hell yes I know what you mean

my wal-marts around me dont have 5w-50 in any brand and you ask someone there I might as well be asking the avg mass of a black hole.

Number23 said:
So does Mobil 1 meet Ford's oil spec for the Boss 302 engine?

The short answer? No. The long answer? There is one chemical that the Mobil 1 exceeds the spec'd amount. However, the motorcraft doesn't reliably meet this spec either. No, I don't remember the source, do some googling and you'll find the info.

TMO Supporting Vendors