The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Southern Maryland Mustang Club Car Show - video clip and slideshow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I volunteered to help out at the annual Southern MD Mustang Club car show yesterday in Lusby, MD. Any Ford product was eligible to compete. Over 80 cars participated ranging from a Model-T to current model Mustangs. Good news is the rain held out till show was over! I was only planning to work the show but they convinced me to enter my car as it was the only Boss 302 there. Luckily I had a can of spray detailer and a couple of rags in the trunk (did not expect a trophy, did a tad bettet than I expected...). Here's short video clip and a slide show.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5NmA5qOBXA

Slide show:
http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/ii121/cperilli/SoMdCarShowApr2012/?albumview=slideshow

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
ChuckP said:
I volunteered to help out at the annual Southern MD Mustang Club car show yesterday in Lusby, MD. Any Ford product was eligible to compete. Over 80 cars participated ranging from a Model-T to current model Mustangs. Good news is the rain held out till show was over! I was only planning to work the show but they convinced me to enter my car as it was the only Boss 302 there. Luckily I had a can of spray detailer and a couple of rags in the trunk (did not expect a trophy, did a tad bettet than I expected...). Here's short video clip and a slide show.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5NmA5qOBXA

Slide show:
http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/ii121/cperilli/SoMdCarShowApr2012/?albumview=slideshow
Nice little show you had there and you were lucky that the rain held off. How far is Lusby from LaPlata?

Nice little show you had there and you were lucky that the rain held off. How far is Lusby from LaPlata?
[/quote]

So how do you know about LaPlata? I live in Waldorf which is about 9 miles from LaPlata in Charles County. LaPlata was about 60% destroyed by an F5 tornado in 2002. The town has been totally rebuilt and they are commemorating the 10 years since the tornado. Lusby is in Calvert County which is about 40 miles from LaPlata on Chesapeake Bay.

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
ChuckP said:

So how do you know about LaPlata? I live in Waldorf which is about 9 miles from LaPlata in Charles County. LaPlata was about 60% destroyed by an F5 tornado in 2002. The town has been totally rebuilt and they are commemorating the 10 years since the tornado. Lusby is in Calvert County which is about 40 miles from LaPlata on Chesapeake Bay.

[/quote]
I work in Dahlgren, Virginia. I have been through both La Plata and Waldorf many times over the years on my business trips up to DC. I drove through La Plata a few days after that Tornado hit and saw the damage done first hand. Is Lusby on Rt 4 somewhere?

MMD

Lusby is right off Route 4 about 15 miles south of Prince Frederick. Most of have probably heard of this Prince Frederick resident: Tom Clancy. I used to be part owner of an Apple dealership in the 80s and personally sold Clancy the Mac that he wrote "Red Storm Rising On".

LostPony said:
Way to go Chuck! By the way, I might be joining you at Mid-Ohio. Have to see what my work schedule is for that week. (I'm the BSR instructor with the Kona Boss)

Ah, must be Chris. So how's new Kona Boss doing? Unfortunately I had to cancel out of Mid Ohio. I'm giving serious thought to doing VIR with the SVT Cobra Club May 25-27. Also planning Watkins Glen with PCA Potomac in June. These are both 3 day events.

The Boss is great, and I can't do Mid-Ohio either. Some work for this weekend that I was going to use to pay for my trip fell through. You should look into the May 30-31 Shelby American 50th track event at summit. Should be a lot of fun!

TMO Supporting Vendors