The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Spacer needed with Enkei PF01's ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I know some of you are successfully running 18"x9.5" Enkei's (PF01) on your Boss. Question, did you modify (grind) material off of the OEM Brembo calipers for clearance or do you run spacers? A local store basically refuses to sell to me because Enkei will not gaurantee the fit on a Mustang with OEM Brembos. Their price is good but they won't take the risk.
Thanks,
Rick

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
There are plenty of quality sites online which can answer all your questions regarding Enkei Wheels.

I bought mine through LSD on the west coast. Others have used Tirerack. I am sure there are others.

http://lsdmotorsports.com/

http://www.tirerack.com/

The key to proper fit is the offset. I run 9.5 on front and 10.5 rears. NO ISSUES. Just need the proper offset. Each wheel, design is a bit different so discuss your needs with a competent dealer. LSD ws able to check their stock for wheels that fit.

Good Luck ;D

If you search "Enkei PF01" a few threads should pop up, since there are a few members running those wheels at the track with no issues.

I'd search for you, but im feeling lazy :p

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
+45 offset gets the wheel where you want it and there are no spacers required to clear the calipers. you will want to add hubcentric rings, though. they don't make a wheel for the fords, so you have to get the 75mm hub diameter wheel and get a ring that makes it the 70.5mm for the ford hubs.

I have been running my PF01s without the rings and have not noticed a difference from the track days with the rings. My Ford dealer that has mounted these numerous times for me said that our lug nuts self center the wheel and thus the rings are not needed. Thus I stopped using them as I would forget to double check if I had them in place or not. Do you think he was mistaken? The rings are cheap and easy enough to start using again, assuming I remember to do it for each wheel.

I would recommend the rings, even tho most aftermarket lug nuts that have angled seat would eventually center the wheel.

I put a little bit of anti-seize all around the hub centric ring so it pops on and off easy...since I've cracked a few of them while trying to pry off.

Thanks for the responses everyone. When searching I found some conflicting threads regarding centering rings, spacers, etc. and wanted to ask explicitly as to the need for spacers. I was pretty sure the centering rings were not necessary but, figured if they were I could always purchase them later.
At this point I will assume no rings and no spacers for PF01 on Front and Rear.

Rick

drano38

Wayne
They work great, and huge Brembo clearance.

Front 18 x 9.5 35mm offset in black or 45mm offset in silver
Rear 18 x 10.5 38mm offset

Or if you want to run square (which I do), 18x9.5 and either 35 or 45 mm offset on all corners. I've got a set of each, and they work fine.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
I don't think it's a good idea to run any wheel that is not bearing on the center hub, especially on track. The lug studs will wear out the holes is the wheel creating dangerous vibration which will cause wheel failure. This can also cause stud failure and the loss of the wheel at speed. Get the hub centering rings where required.
Steve

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
You do not need spacers and the wheels come with hub centric rings which are required for use. They definitely fit with no issues. There is a thread that states the proper offsets needed. I do not recall them this early in the AM.

ls110 said:
I have been running my PF01s without the rings and have not noticed a difference from the track days with the rings. My Ford dealer that has mounted these numerous times for me said that our lug nuts self center the wheel and thus the rings are not needed. Thus I stopped using them as I would forget to double check if I had them in place or not. Do you think he was mistaken? The rings are cheap and easy enough to start using again, assuming I remember to do it for each wheel.
That's what the tire/wheel shop told me when I bought my first set four years ago. I have probably 100 track days on these wheels (split between two sets) with no centering rings and they look fine. I would think if they weren't centering on the hub my car would be shaking at 150 mph on the track ???

You definitely don't need spacers with the sizes drano mentioned above. The Brembo clearance is "miles" compared to the OEM or 302S wheels.

zzyzx said:
I found this:

http://store.outperformance.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ENK-460-8105-6547BK

Thoughts on this width and offset as regards clearance in a square setup?
I've invited Dan who works at that shop (maybe the owner) to post here and hopefully he does. He can tell the story behind the special Mustang offset and give ordering instructions.

Not sure about the best for a square setup but it depends if you're running 9.5 or 10.5 widths front and rear.

Used square setup.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320979377883?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

zzyzx

Steve
Well I hope Dan or somebody else from Cortex chimes in here.

Would really like to get info on those wheels.

Thanks for the heads up!

drano38

Wayne
Getting ready for MPH Mustang Roundup on 22/23 Sep, and put on my Nitto NT-05 285/35 tires which are mounted on Enkei 18x9.5 35mm offset wheels.
Lots of clearance from tire to strut on the front wheels--I can slide my fingers between the tire and the strut. I'm guessing my 45mm offset silver wheels would work with those tires also.

TMO Supporting Vendors