The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

SPARCO WHEEL, WILL IT THROW AN AIRBAG CODE?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Wisconsin
CA
Yes, it will throw the airbag light.

It also may impact the passenger airbag, to the point where the airbags won't even go off. Others will have to confirm this though.

If you are still running 3pt harnesses, stock seats and drive the car on the street often, I wouldn't recommend anything but a stock wheel. You are literally guaranteed to have a horrible injury if you crash the car.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Wisconsin
Hey Vettel-ish,
I followed much of the thread as posted above and I did some extra wiring by rewiring most of what went through the clock spring. I wanted to control the center display in the dash so I kept the controller from the right side of the wheel and relocated on the lower dash. As for any pesky lights I didn't want to see I made some vinyl dots to hide the lights from my line of sight. I also removed the airbag from the passenger side and it opened up a good location for the Xineering blip control module.

IMG_0726.jpg

IMG_0727.jpg

IMG_0728.jpg

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Hey Vettel-ish,
I followed much of the thread as posted above and I did some extra wiring by rewiring most of what went through the clock spring. I wanted to control the center display in the dash so I kept the controller from the right side of the wheel and relocated on the lower dash. As for any pesky lights I didn't want to see I made some vinyl dots to hide the lights from my line of sight. I also removed the airbag from the passenger side and it opened up a good location for the Xineering blip control module.

View attachment 80493

View attachment 80494

View attachment 80495
Very nice. I also opted to keep the controller for the center console, just mounted in the side of the column so that I can reach when I’m strapped in.

5BD1B21F-FE10-4C72-84D5-F16C64376A7C.jpeg

Post in thread '@4o6racing'
https://trackmustangsonline.com/threads/4o6racing.16296/post-287714

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Wisconsin

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel