The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Spare tire for GT350R?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello all,
Wife just picked up a GT350R and looking for a spare tire for when we do our road trips. I was just gonna make it easy and order the complete spare tire kit from Automotive Authority but they said the R kit is out of stock.
It seems the GT350 kit and the GT350R kit is exactly the same with the exception of a spacer to use the spare on the front wheel? Does anyone know if this is the case? If so, can I find this spacer somewhere else?
Also, can I use the OEM R lug nuts on the spare or will I need some OEM GT350 lug nuts? Thanks!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
North Carolina
Can anyone provide the dimensions for the hub spacer provided with the kit? I am trying to spec a 3 in version to match for the R

Thanks

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
You may need different lug nuts on the R. The stock lug nuts are closed acorn style. The bolt flange on the carbon fiber wheels is thick. The acorn nuts are likely to bottom on the stud before they are tight.

TMO Supporting Vendors