The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Spark Plugs ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I looked into changing plugs and found two Motorcraft listings, SP 519 and SP548 listed for Boss. Any difference between these two.

Also even though I have only 14k miles the car was built 4/2011 so I'm not sure I want to leave them in there much longer. FWIW my son pulled plugs on his 2012 F150 5.0 and with 30k found the gaps all over the place so doubt eng plant does anything but screw them in right out of the box. Noticeable improvement in how the truck ran especially at low rpm.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I don't know if 519s are even available any more. I have been putting 548s into my BOSS since middle of last year, and just put in a fresh set tonight. Absolutely compatible. I think the 548s are at least one heat range "colder" judging by the heat signatures up the threaded portion of the plugs after use.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Is their and point to going with a more expensive spark pug like the Brisk Iridium?

https://lmr.com/item/BSK-RR15YIR-8/mustang-gt-stock-replacement-spark-plugs-iridium-brisk-1116

TMO Supporting Vendors