The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Spartan sent me used rubbers!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Hmmm.....that does not sound exactly right, but anyway, I got my used Pee-Relli race rubber from Spartan yesterday and I am all set for the Mustang Roundup. Many of us started using these pneumatic donuts from Italia years back ( would that turn our Ponies into Italian Stallions, ha? ) and 90% of us were convinced they were quicker than the Hoosiers. Of course the fact that we could buy them used at a great savings, also had a lot to do with it -- though I had my quickest at the Hastings track and Heartland Motorsports Park on Pirellis. Anyway , got the slicks and appreciate his prompt shipping and great guy to work with. Rumor has it he may be getting a few of another brand in the future and I think he has a couple of sets left. Suggest you buy from a TMO buddy ,as you will be helping him out some, but also yourself -----most places , now , want 600+ for this same tire.

See you guys at the Mustang Roundup --- www.racemph.com

I am bugging Spartan to come down as I would rather see his GT 4 than a GT 500 and if he brought more tires down in his trailer we could all have our own little backup tire distributor, ha,ha.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Well if we get enough pre-orders we might be able to convince him to come down and hang out with all of his fellow TMO members. I will personally keep his windshield clean on his GT 4 and I imagine you might persuade him to give you a ride with a little Lifted Spirits token of your appreciation , ha?!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I have not paid this little for a set of used Pirellis ever, and I am going back over 5 years -- great buy and Spartan has been a pleasure to work with.

I need to get mine ordered, going to need 2 sets. Haven't ran the car all year and had 2 used sets I need to burn up. Was looking at going to HPT last Thursday or this weekend and that didn't work out. Emailed RPM and they said it will be a couple weeks before fast Friday's, if not we may be running out to MPH last Friday this month to get some laps in and burn up tires.

My set from Spartan arrives tomorrow. Didn't really need them but how can you pass up that deal! They will be ready for next season......maybe with a matching set of those French tires ;)

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
12coboss......you need to sign up for the NASA event this weekend , HPT since it was repaved is super easy on tires. You could come down and do well whether you wanted to run Time Trials or HPDEs ---- always good for a little practice prior to the Mustang Roundup!?

12coboss......you need to sign up for the NASA event this weekend , HPT since it was repaved is super easy on tires. You could come down and do well whether you wanted to run Time Trials or HPDEs ---- always good for a little practice prior to the Mustang Roundup!?

I wanted too, but my peer at work had training down in Oklahoma, so I have to work. Hopefully get to RPM or MPH this month to knock the cobwebs off.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
You seldom have much trouble with any cobwebs, and expect you to rock and roll quickly at the Mustang Roundup as usual !!??

Sorry you won't make it out , but appears they are trying to get some things running out at RPM ( benefit autocross coming up the weekend of the 17-18.

Imagine they may have a " Fast Fridays," event pretty soon also?

TMO Supporting Vendors