The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Special edition?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This Boss is on the way to Europe: http://www.blocket.se/jonkoping/Ford_Mustang_BOSS_302_45313228.htm?ca=16&w=3 and it's cheap ($4000 below market value) but I am curious about the equipment. The grille and the rear spoiler aren't standard - and it's got leather upholstery. Is it some sort of special edition? anybody know?

/The Swede

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Might be a clone.

I've been planning on making a seat JUST LIKE THAT without the Boss logo to match my 401A interior.
Recover this seat:
8465944809_b9b6a353db.jpg
To be like this:
8467041398_e4d807c296.jpg

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Get the VIN to be sure; if it's a real BOSS, the 8th digit of the VIN will be the letter "U".

That car has an aftermarket Saleen S302 Grille, GT500 spoiler, and what looks to be custom leather upholstery. Could be a real BOSS (blank buttons between the AC Controls support this), or it could be a base GT Clone.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
It probably is a real Boss with the mods mentioned ^above. Door panels, dash trim, etc. Point to a Boss with 3 visible mods, instead of a really well done clone.

I've seen a web page from a german importer that had a couple of things that were different. I'll see if I can find the link again.

302BOB said:
It must be Rick trying to pull a fast one............. ;D
Ha! Looks real to me but check the VIN to be sure. That's what the registry is for.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?board=17.0

OK, thanks for the answers!

I haven't got the VIN and I am not really interested in buying it, I just bought a YB Boss 302 (without modifications :) - I was just curious when I saw it had a different grille and so on. Anyway, who would want a KB!? ;-)

This will be a hard sale, over here no-one buys a "new" (this one's only got 1500 miles) car that has been modified. You'd expect to see this kind of mods on a 1998 BMW 3-series... ;-) It's probably different in the States?

I do like the seats though !

I have a 2011 GT as well with that type of Interior so i prefer the standard Recaro seats on the boss as they look more Manly!

TMO Supporting Vendors