The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 Speed limiter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Ann Arbor, MI
For security purposes, I'd like to limit the speed of my '12 Boss full race spec to like 25mph if possible while in storage. I have a SCT tuner - can I key one of my key fobs to do that?

MY key would have my normal tune and I'd keep that on me for my track days. So one key would be track and the other for storage personnel.

Tuner came with the car and I've only plugged it into the obd2 to make sure it all works, and it does.

Setting up a MyKey is on page 97 of the owner's manual if you want to go that route. It basically creates a teen driver or valet key that allows you to tweak a bunch of parameters, including a top speed limiter - though I think it can only go down to 65 mph since Ford doesn't want to be liable for someone trying to merge into traffic being unable to accelerate.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Ann Arbor, MI
Info appreciated, but I don't have most any original electronics from the car so probably no MyKey access, unless through obd2.

TMO Supporting Vendors