The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Speed Ventures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
Have any of you Southern California track addicts driven with this group? If so what were impressions about the event/s? They are having a two day event at Chuckwalla next month I'm considering making the trip as I really like that track.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
fuhrius said:
no experience with them, sorry...just caught the chuckwalla reference and want to get back out there myself. what a fun track, both directions.

Yes it is that's why I want to go, they are running it CW on Saturday and CCW on Sunday

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
ArizonaBOSS said:
Pro Auto does crossover events with them but unfortunately I've not been able to attend any of them.

Ok cool, I'm just going to pull the trigger and go need to get my car back on a track I'm jonesing having done my upgrades!

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
They've done a lot of events at MRLS but I haven't run with them. I know a guy who has and I didn't hear any complaints. They are much cheaper than HOD, which does raise some eyebrows in my book.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Ha! Well, it looks like I missed this one...now that you've run with them. I'm curious what you think.

Moto, and Keavdog have also run with them. Probably some other members and I know some of the lurkers.

I think it's reasonably well organized, but the run grouping could be better monitored. They do rely the driver/'download' meetings go over any issues or 'rat' on anybody not following the rules for the run group.

Ive run with them at Willow Springs (Big Track). I liked them. Run groups were a bit smaller than the NASA HPDE events (same track) and seemed a little less "intense". All in all, I had good experiences with them....would go again.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
They were a good group to drive with. Since they don't have race groups all the racers ran in the advanced group and that weekend there were a bunch of SCCA racers there to practice for an upcoming race, wow they are fast! All in all a good time was had and no mishaps occured.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel