The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Spherical bearing? (right term?) and delrin for stock ARM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duane Black

Curbs go brrrppp
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Durham, NC
I've read of people using spherical bearings in the stock arm but the threads were dated and I couldn't find links to exact items used.... so I thought I'd ask.

I have polyurethane bushings on my stock A-Arms. An advantage I saw of hte BMR stuff was the spherical and delrin stuff to give the car a better feel through the front wheel and less "play" when you make inputs.

Do delrin bushings or spherical end links exist to install in the stock A-Arms? If so, where do you get them?

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
I've read of people using spherical bearings in the stock arm but the threads were dated and I couldn't find links to exact items used.... so I thought I'd ask.

I have polyurethane bushings on my stock A-Arms. An advantage I saw of hte BMR stuff was the spherical and delrin stuff to give the car a better feel through the front wheel and less "play" when you make inputs.

Do delrin bushings or spherical end links exist to install in the stock A-Arms? If so, where do you get them?
Delrin's are available thru Ford Racing, these are normally used with the Ford Racing LCA which uses a Howe ball joint, the ball joint is "taller" than stock.
You would have to modify the LCA if you want to run spherical joints.

Global West sells a Del-Aluminum bushing /bearing kit. They say it is for drag racing on the website, but if you watch the video, they say both drag and road racing. Global West makes really high quality stuff. From what I see of their kit, the rear bushing is a lot better solution than the Poly pushing included in Fords $600+ "delrin" kit (only the front is actually delrin).

No, the Ford Performance kit has always retailed for 600+ and only the front busing is actually delrin. Its why I thing the Global West is a better choice - its $298 with with a Del-aluminum rear bushing (thick aluminum outer housing with a delrin insert). I am assuming the OP kept his OEM control arms and has the OEM rear bushing (or at least the bracket) somewhere.

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
No, the Ford Performance kit has always retailed for 600+ and only the front busing is actually delrin. Its why I thing the Global West is a better choice - its $298 with with a Del-aluminum rear bushing (thick aluminum outer housing with a delrin insert). I am assuming the OP kept his OEM control arms and has the OEM rear bushing (or at least the bracket) somewhere.
Kohr Motorsports has it listed for $446 and American Muscle (not linking to it) has it for $500. That's more in line with what I've seen.

Nothing off the shelf that I found. I made some sphericals for the front and rear attachment points at the end of the our PWC run, and done a few sets on cars. I have been considering about having a bigger quantity made. Could be used either with FRPP Extended ball joint or OEM control arm.

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
I was looking at the Whiteline bushings but could not get an answer if they will fit on the 10-14 Mustangs. Whiteline lists them as fitting 05-09. The vendor that listed them as fitting 05-14 hadn't actually installed them on a 10-14.

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
I would had went with the Whiteline if I knew it would fit. I was going see if I could find a 2008 arm to compare it to the 2012 I have. No junkyards around here with any. The part#s are different but I would have thought the arms would be the same. So it goes.

Duane Black

Curbs go brrrppp
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Durham, NC
I would had went with the Whiteline if I knew it would fit. I was going see if I could find a 2008 arm to compare it to the 2012 I have. No junkyards around here with any. The part#s are different but I would have thought the arms would be the same. So it goes.
I think all that changed was the ball joint, from an 18 to a 19mm.

TMO Supporting Vendors