The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 Spidey Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Christopher, solid mods and nice you could take advantage of the " A " Plan while at Ford. No offense, but I am a bit confused about the listing on the car being Lava Red with red interior since it sure appears to be black. Is the color a wrap or was that portion of your build post a typo --- trust me we all have plenty of them. Thankfully the " Edit " button stays up always except in the conversation ( PMs ) area. It is often needed since " Spellcheck " will plug in lots of random words as we have all found out it does not understand " Gearhead Speak, " ha.

Welcome and I like trend to make your GT appear to be a Boss S!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
Lava red was a limited color for a year or two. The exterior looked almost black with a red tint in the right light. The interior was a really dark maroon. I looked at buying one before my Red Candy, but I wanted the 401A interior and it was not available with the Lava Red exterior.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
Thanks EF1, I admit I don't actually remember that color , I guess, but obviously it is a very, very, dark red.
I think it was only available in 2012 and they only made something like 500 of them. I almost bought one because it was a rare color, but it didn't have the options I wanted so I kept looking. It is really almost black with a hint of red. The light has to hit a clean car just right to really see the red. Think lava cooling with the black surface and a little of the molten red peaking through.

Lava Red was unique for 2012 on the mustang. It was previously on the 2010 f150 Harley Davidson.

The red flake doesn't show up in any overcast but it's great on a sunny day up close, especially with polarized sunglasses on.View attachment 82314

TMO Supporting Vendors