The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Splash Guards?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is anyone using splash guards and, if so, what's the source?

I'd like to add some to my car (picking it up next month) to protect the lower paint but would like some that are as inconspicuous as possible. I don't want anything fancy, just effective.

Suggestions?

http://jaegerbrothersauto.com/auto-parts/2010-2013%20Mustang%20Stone%20Guards,%20Front%20pair%20all%20models_593.html

Have these to put on. Lots have them

Thanks. I had seen those and will pick up a set.

Is there a reason that only fronts are available?

four-walling said:
The car comes from the factory with rears.

One more question....

I saw a Boss on the showroom floor that did not have the rear guards. Do the cars ship with the guards installed or does the dealer install them? If not installed would they just be in the trunk?

GottaGettaBoss said:
four-walling said:
The car comes from the factory with rears.

One more question....

I saw a Boss on the showroom floor that did not have the rear guards. Do the cars ship with the guards installed or does the dealer install them? If not installed would they just be in the trunk?

installed at factory

F.D. Sako said:
Rears should come already installed; at least mine did.
The rear guards are small and they don't do much anyways.

Do they not protect the paint? Should they be replaced?

GOT SVT said:
they protect the paint a little

if they were not on there they should be replaced under warranty

I haven't seen any aftermarket rears advertised. Are there any available that are more effective?

I wouldn't take off the factory rear ones. They were designed to do a specific job back there and you won't find any thing close to them in terms of being designed for the boss and what it is made to do.

Thanks for all the replies.

I will make sure the factory guards (rear) are installed on the car when I pick it up and add the Jaeger Bros. fronts that I have on order. I'm assuming from the lack of negative feedback that the factory rears will work well.

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
I bought the Jaeger Brothers splash guards. Here is what they look like on a boss:

jb.jpg

Quite literally took 5 minutes to install.

TMO Supporting Vendors