The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Splitter Bracket

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tulsa, OK
I'm looking into building own front splitter and using the Ford Racing splitter support bracket. I'm assuming this splitter bracket won't interfere with my ford racing tow hook that is already installed? Is that correct? It appears like the 302S cars, and some members here, use both a splitter bracket and the tow hook but just wanted to confirm. Thanks.

I installed the bracket when I installed my tow hook earlier this year. One of these days I'll install a WC splitter but I'm sure glad I didn't have it on at my last track day of the year when I went off track at 80+. ;)

Tulsa, OK
Ha! I can imagine... ;D

I purchased a 4'x8' sheet of plastic and plan on making a backup splitter for the day I trash mine in an off-track excursion. It will only be a matter of time.

roadhouse said:
Ha! I can imagine... ;D

I purchased a 4'x8' sheet of plastic and plan on making a backup splitter for the day I trash mine in an off-track excursion. It will only be a matter of time.

Rick is correct, I went off due to a loss of brakes and the splitter tore the bumper cover and lower valance apart. It also took out the radiator and condenser. I have a skid plate of sorts welded in place between the splitter and the radiator now to protect the radiator. It also helps blocking in the air flow along the bottom of the radiator but if it happens again it will not protect the bumper cover and valance.

Tulsa, OK
Oh wow. So I've got that to look forward to once I put the splitter on... ::)

A friend and I are purchasing all the splitter supplies together and will also build them together when the time comes. So far we have the cost per splitter down to $170, plus our time and beer. MUCH better than the price Ford wants for the LS splitter...

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
NFSBOSS said:
Or smart. ;D

Don't you know you are losing 2 secs a lap at Laguna Seca by not having a mammoth splitter than can be used for agricultural reasons in the off season ????

Tulsa, OK
So if lower is better, how about just bolting the splitter underneath the existing boss street splitter?

And I hope to install this before the first snow so I can plow the neighborhood ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors