The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Splitter/scoop/brake kit for LS?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I took delivery of my Boss LS December 11. When am or was I supposed to receive my splitter, transmission scoop, and brake kit? Is this something that was supposed to be delivered with the car. I mentioned this at the delivery time and when I picked up the title but my sales guy doesn't seem to have a clue. It was my understanding this comes with the car. Am I right?

The parts are shipped to your dealer separately. Ford will pay for the install of the scoop and brake cooling kit. They should have given them to you when you picked up the car. The parts are probably sitting in the parts dept.

b17drvr said:
The parts are shipped to your dealer separately. Ford will pay for the install of the scoop and brake cooling kit. They should have given them to you when you picked up the car. The parts are probably sitting in the parts dept.

You know I've asked the sales guy three times now and each time he claims not to have clue. I went to about 5 Ford dealers with horrible experience until I found this guy on recommendation from Steeda and thought I had a half ways decent one. The dealers in South Florida are horrible. I hope they're not scamming me and trying to keep the parts.

Grant 302 said:
Tell them they owe you $1,500 in parts, and to write you a check immidiately...I'm sure they'll turn up shortly after that.

I'll keep calm until I have a talk with them tomorrow and see how they react. But it's nice to know the answer to my question so that I am certain they are included (I actually mentioned this when I picked it up).

If they give you touble your best option may be going to Ford customer service or Ford Racing customer service. Especially since over a years time has lapsed from delivery of your car, you may have a bit of a challenge.

killerwill13 said:
If they give you touble your best option may be going to Ford customer service or Ford Racing customer service. Especially since over a years time has lapsed from delivery of your car, you may have a bit of a challenge.

Thanks. It's actually been a month but good advice. I am calling them today.

I spoke with the dealer today and after three phone calls including being disconnected once, I got an answer. They claim it was never ordered with the car so they had to order it. They claim it will take 3-4 months for it to arrive!!! I asked them to email me the order information so I can track it. This all seems very fishy to me. I'm holding off on naming the Ford dealer or the salesperson to see how this all comes out.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I'd tell them that's not acceptable, and that you can get it from several vendors within two weeks. I don't like to take crap from people who I already gave my money.

buland

One of the rare Boss LS in Switzerland
I would report this dealer to Ford Racing. That's not acceptable. I ordered the Brake Duct Kit in Nov. 12 at Levittown Ford Super Center and 2 Weeks later the Item was in Switzerland/Europe.

Georgia
I agree with everyone elses opinion/advise. I don't understand why they are with holding parts that, yes, you have already paid for. Unless they have other plans for YOUR parts...

1) I wouldn't be afraid to call them out on this board. Maybe someone else has some contacts that could be of help.

2) I strongly advise that you sit down with the sales manager as soon as possible. They need to understand that you are not going to accept this. If you need back up info, I would contact one of the many authorized Ford Racing distributers and get a quote on cost and delivery. Most dealers have these basic parts in stock.

3) I would contact Ford Customer Service today and file a complaint. I guarantee you will get a response.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I can tell you right now that you can get any one of those parts overnighted to your door by any number of FRPP vendors; that dealer just isn't trying at all.

My splitter, scoop, & brake cooling kit made it to the dealer ~ 1 month before my car arrived...the dealer notified me of the arrival of the parts & kept me updated on the car as well. When I took ownership of the car, they had printed out the history of the car for me (order date, build date, & location of car during transport to the dealer). I have had bad experiences with dealerships in the past...finding a reputable dealership & sales representative is refreshing (JC Edwards of Capital Ford of Wilmington, NC).

FLGator

2013 Boss 302 LS #196 - Shadow
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Florida
Milestogo,

I think I had sent this to you in December, but those parts are part of the car you purchased. Here is an excerpt from the Ford Order Guide I am referencing: (bolded the pertinent text)

Included in Equipment Group
Laguna Seca
• 19"x9"(f) 19"x10"(r) Painted/Machined-aluminum wheels with R compound
tires (Dry weather/Summer only)
• Pedestal spoiler
• Rear-seat delete
• Rear cross car X-brace
• Recaro® cloth sport seats with embroidered Boss® logo
• Front brake cooling ducts (installation required)
• Transmission cooler scoop (installation required)
• Front air splitter (customer installation required)
• 3.73 rear-axle with TORSEN® helical differential
• Unique rear springs, stabilizer bar and damper tuning

If you need the Ford Order Guide you can search for here on BMO.

Hope you finally get this resolved. Have you started the Steeda conversion yet?

Thanks to all! I've been so busy that I haven't dealt with this as firmly as I would normally. However, when I return from a business trip I will visit and sit down with the sales manager. I strongly suspect there is some kind of dishonesty here but I can't figure out what it is. Maybe they gave away or sold my original parts but it doesn't explain the 3-4 month delay unless they plan to stall for time and then claim it's not possible to get them to me?? It doesn't make sense. The sales manager still hasn't emailed me the order details as promised. I'll give them one more chance to make this right before I start posting names. This isn't over...

Good news though is I picked my car up from Steeda and they did a fantastic job. it's now at technicar getting radar/laser protection. I'll post about it in my original thread along with some cell phone pics.

I have an update: I have been working with Ford Customer Service who have been responsive. Though I don't have the parts yet, they are on it and expediting. They also found out that the dealer was delivered the parts in July!! So the dealer has either:

1. Lost the parts (unlikely because they are HUGE)
2. Gave the parts away
3. Kept the parts for themselves
4. Sold the parts to someone

Given the way they were evasive and gave me the run around I don't believe there is a lot of honesty here. Love the car, engineers, not so sure about the dealers :(

The dealer probably has it stuck somewhere in the parts dept. It's a large box that is shipped from Ford racing without a packing slip, so it was probably not received into inventory, just misplaced. Hope they find it for you.

GA
milestogo said:
Given the way they were evasive and gave me the run around I don't believe there is a lot of honesty here. Love the car, engineers, not so sure about the dealers :(

Dealers are hit and miss. There are good ones out there (like Gene Evans Ford in Union City, GA), and bad ones too. When you find a good one stick with it.

Ok Boss said:
The dealer probably has it stuck somewhere in the parts dept. It's a large box that is shipped from Ford racing without a packing slip, so it was probably not received into inventory, just misplaced. Hope they find it for you.

It's not my guess - it's almost certainly on someone's car somewhere for some reason. Customer service put such pressure on them that they would have found them somehow (and they're big). Since I didn't mention the dealer's name, I am free to speculate. I would put my money on the dealer having given them to someone and known all along (and assuming I just didn't know about the parts). That is why they can't suddenly turn up, because they are already used. Many of my interactions were suspicious and evasive in a way that points to this.

Finally, I am sure there are many good dealers. For some reason my experience in South Florida has been less than stellar. Case closed though as I believe customer service will get these parts shipped in short order. Ford seems to have good customer service escalation.

TMO Supporting Vendors