The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Splitters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Waco, TX
Hey quick question.

Currently i have the roush chin/splitter on my car. Would it be worth switching to a Boss splitter and then possibly adding the WC splitter or LS?

Thanks

I'm not familiar with the Roush splitter, but I'm going to assume the WC splitter sits lower, which in return produces more downforce.

Is increasing front end downforce your goal?
If so, then it's worth it.

if you track your car, you want to consider the overall balance of the car at speed. Additional front end downforce may lighten the rear end during high speed sweepers (twitchy rear end, increased oversteer).

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Waco, TX
Yes the goal is more down force. I currently have the roush chin spoiler but im looking to add more of a functional piece. On the rear i have a GT500 spoiler.

OP what year is your car, is it a boss or a GT?

I believe for the 2012s, you need the boss/CS splitter to add the WC splitter. Not sure how it is on the 13s.

TMO Supporting Vendors