The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Spotted a couple of new 13's in the wild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The new 13's must be getting delivered. I've spotted (2) SBY Bosses over the last two weeks. Last night on the way home form work a GB 13 Boss went by.

Man that GB color sure looks good! So did the SBY cars.

I've already seen more 13 Bosses on the road than I have of the 12 Bosses. I've only seen two 12's in the last year in the wild.

Mike

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Boss2X said:
The new 13's must be getting delivered. I've spotted (2) SBY Bosses over the last two weeks. Last night on the way home form work a GB 13 Boss went by.

I've already seen more 13 Bosses on the road than I have of the 12 Bosses. I've only seen two 12's in the last year in the wild.

Mike
only bosses I have seen in the wild have been another PW at cars and coffee. Saw a 11' GT500 this morning GBwith Red stripes

Boss2X said:

Mike

That would be great if that were the case...but according to our Ford sources there have only been six 2013 Bosses shipped thus far and only one GB that is sitting in my garage, just looked to make sure! You may be seeing people that are putting stripes on cars?

On the other hand you're in the Detroit area..maybe with all these Boss cars stilling around waiting for stripes people are using them of lunch runs, parts runs, joy rides, etc., :D ::)

JeffIsHereToo said:
Boss2X said:

Mike

That would be great if that were the case...but according to our Ford sources there have only been six 2013 Bosses shipped thus far and only one GB that is sitting in my garage, just looked to make sure! You may be seeing people that are putting stripes on cars?

On the other hand you're in the Detroit area..maybe with all these Boss cars stilling around waiting for stripes people are using them of lunch runs, parts runs, joy rides, etc., :D ::)

They could very well be Pre-Production cars or Engineering mules. I didn't get a look at the plates to see if they were manufacturer plates or regular state plates. I doubt they were clones, as I doubt you could order these stipes and have them to install on your new V6 13 this early in production.

The SBY cars could have been the same one, since I saw them within a couple miles of each other on different days.

I was over at one of Ford's transmission plants the other day, and saw a new Lincoln MK something. It was covered with all that Camo strap on stuff and painted with the little triangles. A guy was inside it with a PC just sitting there idleing. When we left our meeting, it was still there, but just in another parking spot.

I spotted the new 13 Boss in Camo & GHIG mix, a New Shelby in Camo also, but that was last November time frame. Even saw one of the new Shelby's at Flatrock when the club did the tour and drove on the test track at the plant.

There is even a 13 Boss registered for Mustang Alley during the Woodward Dream curise, must be hedgeing on getting it before August.

TMO Supporting Vendors