The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Spring Carlisle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Not a political statement - Just sharing the news. Not sure anyone has or plans on going to this car show but it's stirring up a you-know-what storm.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. I have several friends attending different upcoming automotive events in the near future. I'm staying home still due to a few people we will be around soon being at risk.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
The Spring Carlisle event kicked off on Wednesday & scheduled to end on Saturday. The opening emergency hearing from the State was argued on Thursday, however the court did not render a decision. The are in court again today, so we will see.

The State’s case argues the event is in violation of the Governor’s EO to limit all gatherings in PA to 250 persons.

So who knows?

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Apparently, in Pennsylvania all you have to do to ignore the 250 person limit is to declare your event a "Protest". From the article, the governor set this precedent. So, who is in favor of protesting slow cars at our local tracks??

Last edited:

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I predict yet another spike in Covid cases in the near future.
Possible.
Of the 90+ people I work with, we have had 3 positives. No one hospitalized, no one caught the virus from others at work and none received medical care, none needed. One positive was, is a-symptomatic. We are classified as an essential business. Masks, gloves and daily screening are all mandatory. Our employer supplies our people and their families with masks and hand sanitizer to bring home for Family use. Anyone quarantined, either self quarantined or under the direction of medical professionals is paid.
It's fantastic to work for people who care for people!!

Hard to justify a double standard.
Not in politics...don't want to cross the line here....enjoy what you can while you can get it...that encompasses a lot of stuff folks..................... living, driving, eating your favorite foods ( mine is Pizza) and watching old Seinfeld shows...........I'll stop here........This is a Family show...............no wink needed!!!!!!!!!!!!

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
The Spring Carlisle 4 day event went on as planned. It’s final day was Saturday.

Here is how the court battle ended: (sorry about the cut ‘n paste font) Carlisle car shows will go on, Pa. Health Department to withdraw COVID-19 lawsuit, event spokesman says.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
There are 166 entry for NASA HPR this coming weekend and I'm sure with all folks involved, there should be over 250 plus people there. Driver's meeting with be through Discord video. From what I hear, it will be lead and follow for HPDE1/2 since there will be no instructors in the car. (For the first session) I feel safe enough to do both days despite my risk factor (age). Looking forward to getting back on track.

Here are some of the posted NASA rules.

• All participants must wear a face mask when in public area.
  • All non-cohabiting participants should follow the 6 foot social distancing rules.
  • All meetings will be virtual. All participants will need to install discord on their phones or laptops prior to the event.
  • Participants who are sick or coughing will be required to leave and will receive a full credit for the next event.
  • Vulnerable individuals should not participate.
  • Socially dense gatherings are strongly discouraged

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel