The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Spring compression?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sesshomurai

Hey guys,
I'm noticing my passenger side ride height is a quarter inch higher than the driver side. What could cause this?
Is it just that I sit on the one side and drive mostly right turn tracks? Any way to correct it?

thanks.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
DGRacing said:
Hey guys,
I'm noticing my passenger side ride height is a quarter inch higher than the driver side. What could cause this?
Is it just that I sit on the one side and drive mostly right turn tracks? Any way to correct it?

thanks.

Front or rear?

It's possible aspiring is not properly seated on its perch.

Sesshomurai

TMSBOSS said:
Front or rear?

It's possible aspiring is not properly seated on its perch.

It's slightly more pronounced towards the rear

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
The rear springs all have flat pigtails... if you are running OEM style springs in the OEM location... so it's rarely them (although if the rubber pads are not seated properly, it could cause some variance).

For the fronts, the springs have pigtails that sit into the upper and lower perches (OEM spring style, OEM perches). If the pigtail is not seated in the perches correctly, it can lead to ride height differences.

Of course, if you have an adjustable ride height suspension, any one of the corners could be a little 'off'... although if that gets the corner balance correct, you will probably have to live with it.

There could be suspension bind causing ride height differences. Adjustable sway bar end-links set in bind, bushings tightened in bind... all sorts of little things like that.

Could just be the way it came from the factory.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
DGRacing said:
Hey guys,

thanks.

Anybody ride much in the passenger seat?

Sesshomurai

four-walling said:
Anybody ride much in the passenger seat?

Nope.

Oddly enough, I took a level to the rear wing and front splitter. perfectly level...strange.

TMO Supporting Vendors