The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Square 305/30's on stock GT350 wheels, issues?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Was thinking of running 305/30/19 all around on my GT350.

Anyone have any concerns on this setup, besides the adding oversteer potential?

Not being cheap, just think this will work ok, plus there are several tire options in this size.
Buddy of mine ran slicks on his Porsche and had a square tire setup with 7.5 front and 8" rear wheel widths. Didn't do it on purpose... long story, but no issues.

Thanks.
Bill

I'm planning on running the same size PSC2 tires. I don't think there's going to be much oversteer and if there is I'll make the necessary adjustments. @Black Boss is running 315 square on his R with no additional adjustments made with good results.

Welcome to TMO!

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I'd understand doing it for the ability to rotate, especially if using 4 same sized aftermarket rims. But I don't see the point on the factory staggered rims. GM did it on the Z/28 FWIW.

I wouldn't want 'better' sidewall control in the back over the front. JMO.

Grant 302 said:
I'd understand doing it for the ability to rotate, especially if using 4 same sized aftermarket rims. But I don't see the point on the factory staggered rims. GM did it on the Z/28 FWIW.

I wouldn't want 'better' sidewall control in the back over the front. JMO.
That's a good point. I'm using 19x11 wheels so I can rotate. I would not bother squaring up the tires on the stock wheel widths unless you're having an understeer problem.

Running the car stock on staggered rims and tires, it's pretty well balanced, but will understeer at the limit. In my experience, the car is perfectly balanced running square. Not a huge difference, and tire pressure changes could probably achieve the same results. Also this is not a back to back comparison -- I run staggered on the PSC2's and square on Hoosier R7's. Interestingly the R7's wear pretty evenly at 2.1* front camber and 1.2* rear camber, while the PSC2's look like they could use more camber, both front and rear.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel