The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Squeaking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

On the way home from Cars & Coffee I could hear a fairly loud squeaking or squealing from the front left side when next to a curb or fence to echo the sound. It stops when brakes are applied. I hate taking my car in, is it worth it? Brakes have never been off.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Cjmclean31 said:
On the way home from Cars & Coffee I could hear a fairly loud squeaking or squealing from the front left side when next to a curb or fence to echo the sound. It stops when brakes are applied. I hate taking my car in, is it worth it? Brakes have never been off.

I have had an occasional, seldom, brake squeak on my 2012 Boss. Lasts for a few miles and then gone for weeks. Nothing to worry about until you have some miles on it.

I've had one of the tabs on the rear pad anti-rattle clips bend slightly and contact the rotor producing a squeal which went away when applying the brakes. I just pulled them and bent the tab back and it went away. If it really is coming from the front, it's possible it's one of the anti-rattle shims on your front pads doing the same thing. If so it's nothing to worry about but can be annoying. You can try and inspect them visually to see if one of them is bent and you may be able to just bend it away from the rotor with a straight screwdriver.

TMO Supporting Vendors