The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Stainless Steel Brake Line Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
California
I'm running Goodridge stainless lines (purchased via OPM this fall) on my 2018 GT350. No install issues for my mechanic. No rubbing issues with my setup (315/30-19 Conti ECF on 11.5" Apex wheels, square).
Good to know. I have a 5.0. I believe the kit for the 350 is different. The lines for the 350 is slightly longer or did you buy the 12366 kit instead of the 12365? (The gt350 specific one)

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
California
Nope. They're pretty much OEM like.
Does your J&M follow Ford OEM architecture and layout? So no flex and twists in the lines?

Also how wide wheels are you running? And you said you tracked your car many times since having the lines and no issue still?

Does your J&M follow Ford OEM architecture and layout? So no flex and twists in the lines?

Also how wide wheels are you running? And you said you tracked your car many times since having the lines and no issue still?

315/30R18 sqare at ET52 offset, ran 305/30R19 at ET50 offset. J&M have brackets in stock locations which is why they have two configs (MR and non-MR). I'll post a pic tomorrow since I need to rotate the wheels before this weekend.

Wow man. That's crazy. Your experience definitely sounds similar to some of the experiences other forum members have shared. Is crazy because I read that Steeda, Goodridge, Vorschlag all ran into these issues in some form or another. I definitely was considering Steeda prior to all the research I did. I might just give J&M a try.
In case you haven't met "OP Tim" he's a staple on this site, he's been supplying racers and HPDE guys with hardware since the inception (around 2012) virtually everyone here has purchased parts from Tim at one time or another, highly recomended.

Last edited:
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Snowy North
Tim's the best.

I lost my gearbox and diff fluids change instructions during a recent cross-country move. I contacted him yesterday and he took time from his busy day to send me what I needed in ~minutes. No charge.

Guess where I'll shop whenever I need anything that he can provide/might recommend?

Thanks again, Tim!!!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SF Bay Area
Tim's the best.

I lost my gearbox and diff fluids change instructions during a recent cross-country move. I contacted him yesterday and he took time from his busy day to send me what I needed in ~minutes. No charge.

Guess where I'll shop whenever I need anything that he can provide/might recommend?

Thanks again, Tim!!!
I agree. I bought my GT350 in March and have been gradually learning about various track upgrades. I've come to realize that anything that Tim carries has been vetted as a quality part and is worth buying.

TMO Supporting Vendors