The Mustang Forum for Track Enthusiasts

Track Mustangs Online was built specifically for those who track their Mustangs!

Register Log in

S197 Stangra DIB GT

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Reaction score
Loved your last comment on your build asking how in the heck all these mods happened , but I do concur you definitely need to get to the track to check out the potential!! Nice build, great color, and welcome to the Pistonhead World of Mad Modders!

Stangra

TMO Intermediate
Reaction score
Thanks, I guess I should've said I gotta get to the track more!

I joined NASA Northern CA last year but so far:
1st HPDE event I registered for it rained heavily and I wanted at least my initiation to be dry, rescheduled.
Actual first event was Thunderhill, Had a great time!...still overall a humbling experience though.
Second event at Sonoma, much improved. Realizing how much more there is to learn, also how addictive this is gonna be!
Time conflicts kept me away a few months but registered for my 3rd event at Sonoma last October only to have event cancelled due to the huge fires.
Ready to go & currently registered for 2 days at Sonoma May 8th & 9th but in light of all the recent events these dates are doubtful too.

I will get out there again ASAP!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Reaction score
Both an SCCA and NASA member and both are good sources for automotive events. Hear nothing but good things about the NorCal NASA Region and you have been able to run on two tracks on many folks bucket lists. With Buttonwillow and Laguna Seca to the South, you will have some great stories to share on the TMO Forum in the future and glad to see you have had a chance to track you Blue Beast!!

Stangra

TMO Intermediate
Reaction score
Since your intercooler is without fans, how have your temps been?
I'm a believer in the fans-impede-airflow at track speed theory. I haven't driven a lot of events but have yet to see problems with my IAT's. While not an intercooler issue, at Thunderhill with 104° ambient, eng temp was a problem & I threw a P1299 code (cyl. head overtemp). Last September I added better hood vents and E85 to hopefully alleviate this a bit but haven't got a track day since. Still trying to find an effective fit for an oil cooler, tricky with all the space occupied by the intercooler HE & A/C condenser

Reactions: Coz

TMO Supporting Vendors