The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Starting Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So,

Just lately I my GT350R has developed a intermittent starting issue. The battery checks good, once started voltage come right up to 13.5. But, every once in awhile nothing...car will not start. Push the start button, can hear fuel pump prime, accessory lights and everything comes on but, no start. Come back later or keep trying and the car starts. Just got back from Ford this AM diagnostically nothing wrong and electrical system checks out. Fruition’s!!

Has anyone else run into this issue?

Thanks,

Steveespo....I don’t know how the hell you knew exactly what was going on with my car but....you knew exactly what was going on with my car. Car was under warranty so Ford just replaced the starter. The mechanic that did the work verified that the internal soldered joints were bad. Thanks for the help!

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Steveespo....I don’t know how the hell you knew exactly what was going on with my car but....you knew exactly what was going on with my car. Car was under warranty so Ford just replaced the starter. The mechanic that did the work verified that the internal soldered joints were bad. Thanks for the help!
All thanks should go to @BlackBoss , who I have spent many track days push starting his fleet of GT350Rs due to this problem. But seriously, this is why we have a forum that takes every problem seriously. No one will shoot you down for asking a question that has been asked before, they will just lead you to the posts with the answers.

TMO Supporting Vendors