The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Stearing wheel?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

03-08-13%20347.jpg

8) ;)

I also wear cheap RaceQuip racing gloves 90% of the time to keep the wheel from getting grimed up, and dry hands don't have much grip on the alcantara They are actually pretty warm in the winter so I shovel snow in them also :)

When the 2012 Boss came out, a new steering wheel was under $200. 2012 GT owners started buying them up, so Ford jacked the price to $311.

I always wear gloves, but the steering wheel will eventually look like crap anyway. When I went to Track Attack I got a preview of how crappy it could end up looking.

I'm on the fence about buying one and putting it away. Even if I never use it, eventually I would get my money back, because in ten years people will be begging for NOS ones. I already bought a set of factory mats, a front spoiler, and a red key, because those will also be premium items in the future that I will likely need.

BTW, the 2012 and 2013 steering wheels are different because the 2013 has the Sync buttons.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
The buttons will swap over in a 2012 wheel. What I did was get the cheaper gt500 wheel and run it. I have a brand new boss wheel in a box in storage. Sold the original one for cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel